+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Student midwife in Brisbane- continuity of care program

Are you having a baby and are interested in developing a trusting and supportive relationship with a midwifery student?

Hello! My name is Emily, and I am currently in my third year of a nursing and midwifery degree at the University of Queensland. As part of my midwifery program, I am required to undertake follow through experience. This is a wonderful opportunity for students to have the privilege of being a supportive part of a mothers pregnancy and birth. As part of the continuity framework, I would accompany you to antenatal appointments, provide support during labour and birth, as well as the postnatal period.

I do not in anyway replace the role of your primary care provider, whether that be a registered midwife or doctor. I have had the opportunity to follow several mother from their first antenatal appointments right through to postnatal appointments. It is an extremely rewarding experience being able to share such a personal and important journey with each woman.

Please feel free to contact me on emily.sheridan@uqconnect.edu.au or 0428140315 if you have any questions or interest in allowing me to be a part of your pregnancy journey
    Last edited by studentemily; 21-06-2013 at 19:57.