+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How can I increase my conception chances from an Egg Donation?

Hello everyone,

I am new to BubHub so I apologise from the start, as I don't know what I'm doing at this stage. I also apologise as I am probably posting this in the wrong section, but not sure where to go. However, I would really appreciate someone's perspective and advice.

My husband and I have recently undergone our 2nd Egg Donation cycle. We were soooo lucky in finding our amazing and angelic donor and she gave us 13 frozen embryos!! However, the first cycle, which ended just on Friday, was a BFN. We are very upset, as most of you can probably well understand, seeing as it was a Grade 2 embryo. Also we cannot understand why it didn't take.

I was left thinking - is it me??!!! Is there something wrong with my biology or am I doing something wrong??? I just want to understand as I am devastated once again.

Are there any egg recipients out there that are now happily pregnant who can give me some advice? Was there anything you did to help your chances to conceive?

Would really welcome any input...I'm just so upset right now and don't know what to do...

Thank you in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can understand your pain as I have had 2 failed transfers. Look back though some of the older threads, some , like mine are long but, there some wonderfull threads with happy outcomes. Some have helpfull tips and advice that could help you. I am currently prepareing for my next transfer, I have a fresh fruit/vegies jucie or smoothy every day along with my pre-conception multi vitamin. I do a medicated cycle that starts on day 1 of my cycle, progynova, progesterone and clexane. My next frozen embryo transfe we will be doing assisted hatching and the growth midium embryo glue. The extra we will be doing this time is, clorophyll to help build a good lineing. The main thing is to be realy healthy in your diet and do some gentle excersise. Some like to use accupuncture to help with the circulation of blood in and around the uterus. My mum-in-law is a reiki master, she is a director for reiki australia so, I am useing her skills to basicaly do the same as accupuncture without the needles. It is very relaxing and that has to be a good thing. Good luck and doung a fet is far less stress on your body than doing fresh, maybe your next attempt will be tbe one

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HeatherRob For This Useful Post:

MiracleChild (21-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    HeatherRob thank you for your kind and thoughful response!

Straight after I posted that I thought it was kind of silly to post and thought no-one would ever respond as it's such a difficult thing to respond to. But that's really nice of you to anwer me.

It certainly seems like there's a million things you can do, and it all kind of depends on the person. My FS told me that there was nothing wrong with me and that they don't really know why some take and some don't. I guess it really is like trying to get pregnant the old biological way - no guarantees.

Can you however elaborate a little about the "assisted hatching and the growth midium embryo glue"?? Excuse my ignorance, but what is that? I am also on progynova & progesterone, but no clexane. What is the clexane for?

Thanks again for all your very good advice. And from your mouth to God's ear..hope the next one is the one

Really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I have just popped in here as after years of experimenting with suggested strategies I would recommend you have your DH sperm analysed as he may have DNA sperm fragmentation or something that is causing problems on the male side. This test is from a semen analyse but is different to the standard morphology, motility etc test. Also, test your endo lining for NK killer cells. This is done by biopsy. I haven't the time to do this one, but would if I was younger & had failed implantations with good blasties. I am going to try Clexane & Prednisolone for my next cycle, hopefully in May/June. I would also make sure that 2 good embryos were put in for each transfer. In Oz I had the softly, softly approach & I believe this is why I haven't achieved a baby yet! Be strong with want you want to do Good Luck Oh by the way, I am going for my 2nd egg donor cycle in South Africa, as I didn't want to waste time with my old eggs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennilee67 For This Useful Post:

MiracleChild (22-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    firstly, I must say sorry for the very late response. my pc and lap top both grew rather old and gave up and my tablet is basically only for Kindle. OK so, Embryo Glue is a growth medium that the embryo is placed into in the dish then when it is placed into the uterus it helps the embryo to grow the placenta and help with implantation. Assisted hatching is where they make a small hole in the outside layer of the embryo, they use it to make the hole, basically they crack the shell, again this can aid implantation. Another thing to have checked is your thyroid, if it is even slightly underactive, take a Kelp pill to help your Iodine levels. I now have a fresh fruit/veggie juice or smoothie every day and that has improved my general health in a huge way. We will see if it all helps as I am currently waiting on AF to arrive to begin my next fet. I hope you get your BFP very soon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HeatherRob For This Useful Post:

MiracleChild (22-04-2013)