Firstly please don't say anything nasty because I can assure you I'm doing that enough or everyone.
My DD is 2.5yo. Long story short she was trying not to sleep tonight and has climbed on to a table in our room, and opened my bag which had Avanza Soltab 15mg in it (an antidepressant). I know this is stupid, it was in a hidden away zipped part where I thought she couldn't reach it.
I have found all but one tablet. I called the poisons hotline and they said she'd need to have taken 6 to need to go to emergency. I don't even know if she did eat it,she said no first and yes after I started making a fuss about it.
I'm freakin out. Should I take her anyway? They've told me to look out for warning signs and to keep rousing her in her sleep for 4 hours just in case.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 18
02-03-2013 22:03 #1
Urgent help - child may have swallowed pill
02-03-2013 22:05 #2
Id take her to be safe xx
02-03-2013 22:06 #3
What does your gut tell you? If you're freaking out that much then I'd say take her to be sure but otherwise I'd just watch her and do as the poisons line said - you've found all but 1 tablet and they said she'd have to have taken 6 tablets for there to be a concern. I'd personally be watching and waiting.
02-03-2013 22:07 #4Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
I would take her to hospital
02-03-2013 22:10 #5
Last edited by Cinderella82; 10-08-2013 at 21:29.
02-03-2013 22:13 #6
Get her checked out just to be on te safe side xxx
02-03-2013 22:16 #7
((Hugs)) can happen to the best of us.
Hopefully she is all good
02-03-2013 22:17 #8
I think the poision hotline was right but at the end of the day your the mother and your gut instinct is the best guide for you. If you feel something is not right then take her to get checked over by a doctor. One thing i have learnt since my daughter was born in 06 is that my mothers instinct when things arn't right is more often then not right.
My DD has had a few times in her life (maybe 6 times in her 6 years) that i've had a strong feeling in my gut i needed to get her to a doctor straight away, and out of those times 2 of them were ''potentially life threatening'' times, both of which i had to fight those around me on, the second time she was hospitialised for a few days and i was told she was close to blood poisioning. If i didn't listen to my mother instinct i may have either lost my darling DD or had a very very very sick little girl on my hands for alot longer then a week.
I'm sure your little one will be fine though! (the above was just my example of when my mothers instinct was screaming at me to obey it)
02-03-2013 22:17 #9
I just called them back again to confirm that she'd be ok. I have located all but one. The lady confirmed that if she'd only ingested 15mg then she'll be absolutely fine.
I just can't believe I let this happen. If anything happened to her...
02-03-2013 22:19 #10
The Following User Says Thank You to c2p08 For This Useful Post:
By Mum2GorgeousGirl in forum Contraception issuesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-02-2013, 20:16
By DADof3 in forum Dads ChatReplies: 7Last Post: 26-07-2012, 08:16
Wendys Music SchoolWendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Pregnancy test recall!!!Conception & Fertility General Chat
IVF babies due June/July/August 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Lite & Easy ???Second Trimester Chat
A - Z of baby girl namesGames & fun stuff
Happiness thread.General Chat
A - Z of Baby Boy NamesGames & fun stuff
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
What do you think is the best resource for new Mums?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat