+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Well you are entitled to your opinion.

But saying people are selfish and not courteous isnt very nice. Im actually extremely courteous. I always put others first

Just because on the rare occasion, for reasons i believe are justified, ive not returned a trolley to a bay over the other side of a huge carpark out of concern for my dd, hardly qualifies for such labels in this world.

My opinion of course!

Only on bh could a thread about trolleys turn sour hey!
    So when you say you always put others first... That's not strictly true then is it? Because if you have a concern for your dd then you won't.

Its not a big deal, its just trolleys and I don't really care. At my local Woolies everyone puts them back as I have never come across a stray! Which is nice, and how it should be IMO.

But yes only on BH would this ever come up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    So when you say you always put others first... That's not strictly true then is it? Because if you have a concern for your dd then you won't.

Its not a big deal, its just trolleys and I don't really care..
    Exactly its just trolleys thats why i replied to your posts in the first place as i thought they were harsh

And yes i always put others first, in those situations i was putting my dd first (last i checked she is another person) - that does not make me selfish. What parent wouldnt put their childs safety first?

What an odd comment, sorry.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

mama and her little bearxxx  (03-03-2013),mrsoptomistic  (03-03-2013),peanutmonkey  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I edited my post to say at least you were honest and not saying you did it to help others. Lol!
    Each is entitled to their own opinion. I personally believe that it is helpful to find stray trolleys in a carpark without an abundance of trolley bays. You believe this is not helpful.

(What i don't understand is why people leave trolleys at but not in the trolley bay - if you are at the trolley bay, why not just put it in?)

Saying you cant do it as your kids are in the car is just another example of mothers using the "I have kids so the rules don't apply to me" excuse.
    I am sorry but what rules? I have never read a rule stating that trolleys are to be placed in the trolley bay. Those parents are making a judgement decision and choosing what they believe is the most appropriate course of action.

Leave your kids in a locked car for 20 secs or risk damaging someone car with a rogue trolley? Not a hard choice IMO.
    See that is the problem there. You seem to think that if someone isn't placing a trolley in a trolley bay then they are risking damaging cars. Whereas there are those of us that believe there are alternative adequate precautions that can be taken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I said others I wasn't referring to your kids. If you meant to say you put your kids before yourself then that has a different meaning.

Saying "others" implies the general population.

So no, it wasn't an odd comment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    Each is entitled to their own opinion. I personally believe that it is helpful to find stray trolleys in a carpark without an abundance of trolley bays. You believe this is not helpful.

(What i don't understand is why people leave trolleys at but not in the trolley bay - if you are at the trolley bay, why not just put it in?)

I am sorry but what rules? I have never read a rule stating that trolleys are to be placed in the trolley bay. Those parents are making a judgement decision and choosing what they believe is the most appropriate course of action.

See that is the problem there. You seem to think that if someone isn't placing a trolley in a trolley bay then they are risking damaging cars. Whereas there are those of us that believe there are alternative adequate precautions that can be taken.
    I didn't mean there were trolley-specific rules lol - just in general.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I have no fancy excuses, sometimes I just can't be bothered.
    However I never leave it in another parking space, or anywhere that it could roll away towards another car. It's always out of the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Putting "Others" first, means anyone other than yourself.

You did label people on here as selfish

Putting their childs safety first is not a selfish act.

Any way im not keen for an argument, each to their own

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually remember one time, several years ago, when I got frustrated at repeatedly not finding stray trolleys in the car park when I needed them. So to be helpful to others, I collected several trolleys from the store and spent time spreading them out amongst the carpark. (This was only a one off, but I thought that if I was helping other people out that would make up for my earlier frustrations.)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually remember one time, several years ago, when I got frustrated at not finding stray trolleys in the car park. So to be helpful to others, I collected several trolleys from the store and spread them out amongst the carpark. (This was only a one off, but I thought that if I was helping other people out that would make up for my earlier frustrations.)
    oooo ur asking for it tonight arent you!!

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I actually remember one time, several years ago, when I got frustrated at repeatedly not finding stray trolleys in the car park when I needed them. So to be helpful to others, I collected several trolleys from the store and spent time spreading them out amongst the carpark. (This was only a one off, but I thought that if I was helping other people out that would make up for my earlier frustrations.)
    Pmsl