+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what its like where you guys live, but we have trolley bays in the carpark, a few of them, and inside the shops aswell. If I have both kids, especialy when my youngest was a baby I park near a bay so I can put them in the car and put the trolley back easily. Otherwise I pop them back in the trolley and back inside, then walk back.
    But I don't see how people leave their trolleys wherever, you'd have to walk them back to somewhere so they're out of the way of a carpark surely?
    Maybe thats why it's good we have to put money in, you'd make more of an effort I think.
    Stray trolleys drive me insane! The poor guys who have to collect them all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Most of the time yes unless the trolley bay is miles away. I either strap dd in and lock the car and run it back but only if its close enough that i can clearly see our car.

If the nearest trolley bay is agesss away ( some carparks ive been to are huge with one or two trolley bays ) then no im not leaving dd or trying to walk with her back through a carpark. If thats the case i.make sure i put it out of the way and in a safe spot where it cant roll into a car!

Its also the centre managements responsibility to put sufficent bays in for customers to use!

Btw, im not lazy

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

mama and her little bearxxx  (02-03-2013),sweetseven  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Ones that don't put them back would you be annoyed if a trolley rolled into your car and dented it ? Would you feel bad if your trolley hit another car ? Just curious
    1. Yes although I don't see how this would happen unless someone knocked it ( then that would be their fault, not the fault of the person that left it there)

2 no why would I deliberately hit another car with my trolley? Once I've left it stationary, how would it suddenly start rolling towards a car?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wind can make stray trolleys collide with cars.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rarity For This Useful Post:

Buttermilk  (02-03-2013),CitrusRainxxx  (04-03-2013),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (02-03-2013),lovesushi  (02-03-2013),~BEXTER~  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My bad. I rarely put trolleys away cos i'm blooming lazy when it comes to it. DH generally will nag me if I dont. The only times I do it is if its right near the car. And I dont particularly park near them either.

I've now resorted to doing mainly online shopping cos I loathe shopping trolleys... they never seem to steer the way I want them to.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    1. Yes although I don't see how this would happen unless someone knocked it ( then that would be their fault, not the fault of the person that left it there)

2 no why would I deliberately hit another car with my trolley? Once I've left it stationary, how would it suddenly start rolling towards a car?
    I've seen someone dump a trolley in a place they thought was stationary and then 30 seconds later it had rolled down the car park and smacked into a new car.

I've also seen people pull into parking spots that they thought were empty to find a dumped trolley in there and have accidentally knocked it. It's not the drivers fault, you don't pull into a parking spot thinking someone may have just left a trolley there, you pull in thinking the spot will be empty.

Sent from my Unicorn.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Buttermilk  (02-03-2013),Rarity  (02-03-2013),~BEXTER~  (03-03-2013)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post

Lol have you never seen a stray trolley get blown or roll across a carpark ??

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Rarity  (02-03-2013)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    My bad. I rarely put trolleys away cos i'm blooming lazy when it comes to it. DH generally will nag me if I dont. The only times I do it is if its right near the car. And I dont particularly park near them either.

I've now resorted to doing mainly online shopping cos I loathe shopping trolleys... they never seem to steer the way I want them to.
    Love the honesty, out right honest not hiding behind things like oh it's the shops fault it's the trolleys fault lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am genuinely shocked by the number of people who don't put them back.

Selfish.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Mezmerised  (09-03-2013),Rarity  (02-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I am genuinely shocked by the number of people who don't put them back.

Selfish.
    As I stated, my reason for not putting them back is to make it easier for the next person.

When I had a baby in arms and a couple of young toddlers, I always appreciated finding stray trolleys to make my task easier. It was always frustrating when they had all been put away and I had to shepherd the youngsters across the carpark without the aid of a trolley.

So no, I dont believe it is selfish to not put them back. In my opinion, I am doing someone else a favour by leaving them available and easy to access.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (03-03-2013)