+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Divorce

My ex has mentioned divorce a few times and I finally got the papers today. I'm glad we're not together anymore (it's been over 2 years now) but it's still a little sad in a way. It doesn't have me feeling anything for him at all, but it's still a weird feeling knowing that it's so close to be over for good.

We're on good terms, I guess he just wants to put it all behind him (as do I).

Not sure why I'm posting just felt like nobody understands it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's an ending and of course that's sad. But it is good to have that finalization for both of you.
    I felt a great sense of relief when my divorce came through. Just felt it was something that tied me too much to ex-DH still. Now it's just our son and I'm fine with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt the same so you are not alone.

I had/have a new DP when my paperwork came through and I was sad for a while. Our divorce was final 2 days before what would have been our 10th anniversary. I was glad it was over but I was sad as well. Maybe it is because you don't get married expecting to get a divorce so it is the end of the road for that relationship I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought myself a nice cake and took it to work and shared it with everyone and everyone thought it was my birthday. i said ''nope, we're celebrating my new single status''. they loved it. it actually felt good. you'll be ok. hugs.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I plan to throw a divorce party lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Divorce no matter how long its been coming for brings a mixed bag of emotions.

On the day of my divorce hearing i was excited, scared & upset all at once. Its the end of one huge chapter of your life & the start of a new one.

I took myself out for a few drinks to mark the end of a marriage. Then the following morning took my DD for an early walk & breaky out to mark the start of our new lives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perfectly natural to feel sadness - no one gets married expecting it not to last. Even though you're happy now, it still feels like something you failed at.

We'll be doing ours this year and it already makes me sad thinking about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel, I've got mine coming up in a couple of months and on one hand I'm happy to get that last tie to my ex severed but on the other I feel like a failure and sad for my kids. It feels very bitter sweet. I like the idea about the divorce party though 😃