+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Oh the pain :(

Such a tiny little creature can bring so much pain

When DH and I were told that we could only conceive naturally about 10% we were distraught. We came to a peace with it when we got our furry baby. (we have 2 but I will talk about this one)

He took our pain away, he kept us occupied, he filled us with so much joy. We started to feel grateful rather than resentful that although we were possibly unable to have children we were blessed with our little furry man.

You think at 5 years old he will be around to see your children start high school. You sit and work out how old you will be when he is 15. You never think of the bad, the what if's the pain dogs can bring.

Today I am told he may have bone cancer and although it hasn't spread he will still have to lose his leg. My heart feels so sore. A cut with a knife through my flesh would be less painful than this.

I don't know why I am even writing this but I guess no body will understand this pain except for dog lovers.

I have loved having my 2 furry babies and DD loves them SO MUCH but I have to swear that I will never ever go through this again. I just cant have pets. The LOVE is so beautiful but the pain at the end is so unbearable.

I am praying for you my little dark angel. I am hoping it is something else. I am praying you can keep your leg. HANG IN THERE my little baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sending thoughts and prayers and waking vibes to your beautiful fur baby xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so sorry :-( I watched my cat go through a huge amount after she was hit by a car and you truly can't comprehend how you'll feel until it happens. I think we take so much for granted. Fx your little one makes it through and even if the leg has to go they can still have a very fulfilled life. My cat survived with one eye (different I know) for years and there are a few dogs at the park near us who have a leg missing but are still full of energy and bounding around. There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Big hugs xxxxxxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (27-02-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm crossing my fingers for your little fur baby.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *hugs* ill be praying too for your fur baby.. I only have two cats but love all animals and know how much they are a part of the family..they ARE your children as well. I hope the vets are wrong about the bone cancer and can save the leg. As long as your there for him..right by his side he will be happy and feel safe.poor little darling

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mummakat For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP, sending you huge hugs. I know the unbearable pain you are feeling. My first cat battled horrible illness for a year to then get cancer. I was absolutely crushed. My second cat, who we only had for 10 months was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer and passed away very quickly. I felt that I had lost two amazing best friends.

The pain still runs very deep in me.

My third cat is missing, she ran away last night. It's dredging up a lot of old feelings of heartbreak and pain. I can only hope she makes it back to me.

I think for some of us pets play a much larger role in our lives. It's ok to feel the way we do because we have a deep love for our pets.

I hope and pray that everything works out for your fur baby. Stay strong and cherish everyday.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LoCo,

Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for what your little fur baby is going through. They really are part of the family and it's heartbreaking when they're unwell.

I lost my dog Piggy in 2007 after 15 years of companionship, I cried for months and swore never to get another dog. However, about a year later I decided I was ready again and fell in love with a puppy at the RSPCA. She's now 5 and we just adore her to bits and can't imagine life without her.

I really hope your gorgeous pup is ok and makes a full recovery soon x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bundun3 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'm so sorry. It's just so hard, we have two big fur babies and they are part of the family.

One of ours had cancer and its just a terrible time.

I hope your fur baby is ok....,

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSS For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (27-02-2013)