+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default black outs :/

has anyone else been suffering from blackouts? what has your dr said?

I've had 3 near misses in 24 hours. all triggered by heat/humidity/lack of air flow. it feels too thick to breathe (if that makes sense), and I start to feel dizzy & panicky & nauseous. I've literally had to stop everything and run out of the room & straight home where i can sit under a fan, have water & calm down

it does feel like a panic attack though I have no reason to be panicked (these are places I've been to before and feel fine).

I'm wondering if it's fluctuating hormones? I do have low blood pressure but I don't think that causes this kind of aversion to humidity?

starting to become a problem...... :/ I don't want to develop a phobia and never leave the house

I'm 24+4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks Albert x
    I'm feeling much better now after a big drink of cold water & something to eat

my parents are nurses & are going to monitor my bp. I have my next appt in a few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you're feeling better Zooey
    I suffer from low bp too and have had a few 'almosts' (blackouts) while out and about.
    I would feel all hot and not be able to breathe properly, like I had to take big gasps of air just to get any.
    Stopping, resting & cold water definitely helped me.
    Try to take it easy as much as you can and if you need to plan a shopping trip, maybe get someone to go with you just in case.
    (my most embarrassing one was in the kmart checkout line and I had to squat down on the floor otherwise I felt like I was going to pass out & topple over. You should've seen the poor checkout girl's face, she didn't know what to do!)