+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Unhappy Frustrated with FS... what to ask my GP? Someone help me!!!!

Hi all...
    So as the title suggests I am massively frustrated with the wait to get in to my FS. I called first week of Feb and can't get in until 28 March!!!!!

I am about to start on my 4th cycle of 50mg Clomid. I have successfully O'd 3 cycles in a row so that part is going fine. I have been on 1500m Metformin since mid December The FS had basically said - let's see how things go for a few months and then we'll go from there. My problem is that I am fairly sure that the Clomid is already negatively affecting my lining and thus success of my cycles. First cycle AF was normal but the last was barely 2.5 days of light light bleeding and this one has started out exactly the same.

I can't wait more than a month and waste another cycle before I get to see my FS. So please help out when I go see a GP this week;

* What do I ask for that the GP can help with / prescribe in this 4th cycle before I see FS again? My GP who referred me to the FS is no longer at the practice so I will be seeing someone new.

* If cycle 4 doesn't work - what do I ask my FS for to get moving along?

* OR should I see if I can get into another FS because really; a 7 week wait for an existing treated patient seems just ridiculous to me. Would a new FS pick up where my last one left off?

I know it might not seem like much just finishing my 3rd Clomid cycle.... but we've been TTC for 2 years now and I gutted myself crying today when I realised AF was on the way again.

Advice/suggestions/stories/help appreciated muchly.
    Sorry it's so long!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frustrated with FS... what to ask my GP? Someone help me!!!!

I suggest you try calling the FS office and ask if any earlier appointments have become available. I was booked in to see my new FS and was going to have to wait 6 weeks to see her, then a friend and fellow patient suggest I call and the receptionist said there'd been 2 cancellations the next day, so I saw her that next day! Worth a shot. Call them a couple times a week maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lemonpancakes - I'm apparently on the "cancellation list" and I think the receptionist is getting sick of me calling. You would think she would just figure it out and give me an appointment by now huh?! That's why I was wondering about switching FS.

Tormy - I don't think he works with other FS which is a pain in the butt.
    I knew a side affect of Clomid was that it could thin your lining which is why they don't like to keep you on it for too long.... so when AF has come so light; I am just assuming it started affecting me fairly quickly. I had BT's the first 2 cycles but not this last one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can anyone help me with what I should be asking my GP for? I'm going there tomorrow.

The receptionist at my FS practically bit my head off for calling again. I felt like I wanted to cry