+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Realestate seems strange? Or is this the new normal? HELP :)

Hi everyone,

My hubsand and i are looking at moving. We put an application in for a property we really like.

We both work for the same company which is quite small which is based on word of mouth and the same clients coming back.

My husband and i have a good relationship with our boss and he told us the real estate had contacted him to confirm our employment. But the agent asked what his website was and before he had a chance to answer she said i tried to google it and couldn't find it. so i am going to go now and keep trying to find your website.

Our boss didn't have a chance to tell her that due to the business is in the process of relocating he has taken down the website and facebook and all other means from the internet until we are at our new place.

I found this strange or is it the new normal? She wouldn't let him get a word in at all.

But she did however ask all other questions for him to confirm employment and our income..

My husband thinks i am being silly by reading to much in to the whole website thing. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Realestate seems strange? Or is this the new normal? HELP :)

I will assume they are just being over cautious? I know your situation is legit but we have had a few applications with false work references or have given work references for jobs that don't exist and we have to verify employments details, did you give them the ABN no , address of the business and pay slips /letter of employment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We gave them copies of our payslips which have the company's logo on them. We didn't give them the address as it is all to be advised next week which we told her that i could only give the suburb at this stage which she said was fine, We have family who rent through the same real estate who didn't have this happen to them which was only 6 months ago. I am not to sure if the abn is on the payslip as i have never really taken any notice of the payslips.

I can understand some people would fake it all. But she did get in contact with our boss and our realestate agent. ( as our agent called us and asked why we would want to move)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's a legitimate business and payslip, it would have an abn (which must be shown on the payslip) and this would be registered. She could then easily go onto abr.business.gov.au and look it up to make sure it's legite. I'm not sure why she's googling a website, not all businesses have one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it's pretty standard. It can be hard to verify that a business really exists sometimes. They want to make sure that you are really employed and you really earn what you say you earn. When your family applied through the same agency they might work for businesses that are already known to them so they wouldn't necessarily ring to verify.

When I applied for my home loan it was an issue for me as I work under my maiden name so I had to explain that if they rang my work they would need to use my maiden name not my married name which isn't easy to put on a form ! And I worked for a big business that was well known and they did ring from memory.

I would ring the agency and make sure they know the website/etc is all down as the business is relocating and make sure that your application is progressing ok and did she need anything else?