+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone starting IVF April/May?

Hello Ladies,

I just got off the phone from my lovely IVF nurse and we have worked out our timeline which puts me at starting my first round of IVF in the last week of April... exciting!! Seems like forever away but luckily I have lots of distractions in the meantime (a trip with DH to hawaii, friends wedding (i'm bridesmaid!), trip interstate to surprise DH's best mate for his 30th and a trip down memory lane on a family holiday with my parents, DH, my brother and his GF) So lots to keep me busy until we start.

I was wondering if anyone else is starting around april/may? Would love to have some buddies to go through it with! and would love to know your stories on your journey to IVF.

Good luck ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there!
    I'm currently in middle of a cycle as we speak, but just wanted to stop in and say congratulations on sorting a date! Now relax and enjoy the next couple of months because it will fly by..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jb2011 congrats on getting a date to start! I am also starting a cycle in April.

I have done one previous stim cycle in 2010 and 3? FETs in 2010/2011, all BFN. I have had a big long break for over a year and am ready to get back into it all this year!

Cycle will be starting sometime mid-April.
    Good luck for starting your cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck for tomorrow hopefaithbelieve... Will be thinking of you! I read your blog... Could relate to so much. Lets hope there's a BFP in 2 weeks!!

Thanks willowglen. Sorry your first cycle & FETs weren't successful let's hope 2013 is your / our year!!

Looking forward to hearing your journeys along the way

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi jb2011, I'll be doing my second cycle in late march/April. Not sure if i'll be going FET or fresh ICSI.... I have one frostie but think I wanna get some more in the bank. Will know more in a week or so after we meet my FS to discuss our failed 1st cycle..

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Sara, sorry to hear your first cycle wasn't successful when was ur 1st? How'd you find it all. I'm excited to get started but at the same time hoping I don't turn in to a crazy hormonal b*tch.. My poor DH!!

Hopefaithbelieve how did your transfer go?? Hope it all went perfectly and the TTW flys by!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi JB, I started injecting on Australia Day and wrapped it all up last week with a BT showing 'inconclusive' (ie. chemical pregnancy as AF had reared her ugly head). To confirm, I have another BT tomorrow.

I have to sit out this cycle to let my body recoup from all the hormones, so hope to start late March all over again. As mentioned before, I want to do another fresh cycle (I'm a sucker for punishment) rather than use the frosty. As you know, age decreases your success rate, so banking up my frosties now theoretically means my chance of success will remain at 50% even in a few years ... although so far, I've not been all that successful! hmmm....

Drugs wise, I was on Gonal F, Orgalutran and the booster Ovidrel. I wasn't exceptionally moody (although DH thinks I'm a moody b*tch at the best of times), but I was more teary than usual. My biggest concern was just feeling generally a bit 'blah' and I had some impressive bloating - ie looked about 4 months pregnant (so unfair for us IVFers)!

Where you going in Hawaii!? We were in Maui and Honolulu this time last year... I want to go back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH & I are going to Oahu (north Shore and west coast) and then to Maui (Napili) with my Mum and 2 aunties!! we went to the 4 islands for our honeymoon so now going back to explore Oahu more... we LOVED Hawaii... think it might become our holiday spot more often, esp now that there is direct flights from Melb!!

Where abouts in Melb are you Sara? Which IVF clinic are you at? Our FS is through Monash so we are going with them, have all been lovely so far!

I understand wanting to "bank up" would be good to go through the pain now and hopefully get more frosties for now and a sibling later on so you don't have to go through the injects again in a few years! I really hope it all works for you this time. it's a tough gig isn't it? "Everything happens for a reason"... I am trying to continue to live by that!

Hope you're having a nice day xx

Thanks
    Reviews

You lucky thing.... My sister, her hubby and hub live in Canada so we had a half way reunion there!

I'm at Monash clayton.... My girlfriend is my nurse which helps a lot! Whereabouts are you?

Lets hope April is a lucky month for both of us...

Thanks
    Reviews

Oops, just reread that ur at monash too... Who's your FS?