+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 93
  1. #11
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    Up N Go's contain about 3 different kinds of sugar. Not at all healthy
    What! I had no idea

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Brisbane Bayside
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    408
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Day one- It starts with changing the little things...

    Sorry plexus. It's the hidden sugars that undo all your good work

  3. #13
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well that burst my bubble....

  4. #14
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    Sorry plexus. It's the hidden sugars that undo all your good work
    I appreciate you telling me- damn you hidden sugar! I bought half a dozen packs of 3 today as well

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    431
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked
    124
    Reviews
    0

    Default Day one- It starts with changing the little things...

    Hi! Hope it's ok to join as in trying to drop a few and be healthier when ttc! Your changes sound great- I like wholemeal pasta and love brown rice but find DH very hard to convince...plus he adds at least half a garlic bread stick to these meals (yup I have considered making my own wholemeal bread roll ones but the no name garlic bread is so cheap n fills his belly easily!)

    Another thing that has worked well for me is if we have pasta for tea (not too often- carbs at night still give my night terrors!) I make sure there is a huge salad, served up first on each plate. Cuts down on meal size and I fund if your salad is heavy on capsicum, tomato, cucumber and carrot it really fills ur belly!

    Easy sweet treat idea for dessert is berries n yoghurt or in winter I love warmed banana and with maple syrup or custard- not too bad for u at all

    Now if anyone can suggest a healthier a chip alternative (not so much potato chips just saltiness n twisties etc!) I'd be eating near on perfectly!!!!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to tootsiegirl For This Useful Post:

    ~Marigold~  (15-02-2013)

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Brisbane Bayside
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    408
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Day one- It starts with changing the little things...

    Quote Originally Posted by Plexus Solaire View Post
    I appreciate you telling me- damn you hidden sugar! I bought half a dozen packs of 3 today as well
    I'd return them buy something savoury you enjoy to snack on instead, or some yummy seasonal fruit

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Brisbane Bayside
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    408
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Day one- It starts with changing the little things...

    Quote Originally Posted by tootsiegirl View Post
    Hi! Hope it's ok to join as in trying to drop a few and be healthier when ttc! Your changes sound great- I like wholemeal pasta and love brown rice but find DH very hard to convince...plus he adds at least half a garlic bread stick to these meals (yup I have considered making my own wholemeal bread roll ones but the no name garlic bread is so cheap n fills his belly easily!)

    Another thing that has worked well for me is if we have pasta for tea (not too often- carbs at night still give my night terrors!) I make sure there is a huge salad, served up first on each plate. Cuts down on meal size and I fund if your salad is heavy on capsicum, tomato, cucumber and carrot it really fills ur belly!

    Easy sweet treat idea for dessert is berries n yoghurt or in winter I love warmed banana and with maple syrup or custard- not too bad for u at all

    Now if anyone can suggest a healthier a chip alternative (not so much potato chips just saltiness n twisties etc!) I'd be eating near on perfectly!!!!
    Woollies Macro brand in the health section does corn chips cooked in high oleic sunflower oil... This oil is healthier than vegetable/seed oils and you could always sprinkle a little extra salt on if they are too bland for your tastes

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

    tootsiegirl  (15-02-2013)

  10. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    431
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked
    124
    Reviews
    0

    Default Day one- It starts with changing the little things...

    Oh I will try! Thanks! I do love the macro gluten free cheese twists so I will check out their oil content

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,242
    Thanks
    5,043
    Thanked
    3,638
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

    Default Day one- It starts with changing the little things...

    Wow, thanks for the heads up, Mare!!!

    You're more than welcome to join us, tootsie! The more, the merrier!

  12. #20
    ~Marigold~'s Avatar
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,039
    Thanks
    9,662
    Thanked
    4,985
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    I'd return them buy something savoury you enjoy to snack on instead, or some yummy seasonal fruit
    Good idea. I thought the UP n GO's would make a great filler for times when I'm on the run and a healthy-ish alternative to sweets.
    Live and learn


 

Similar Threads

  1. What to do when the comforter starts falling apart?
    By loislane2010 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 19:06
  2. it starts again
    By Nedz in forum Single Parents
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 08:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Heinz Baby BasicsOur BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our ...
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›