+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Low hcg and gone on to have successful pregnancy?

I have a question for anyone that has had a chem, these are my tests and this morning at 21dpo I got a line that was almost not there at all. Should I start bleeding now the line has disappeared?
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Low hcg and gone on to have successful pregnancy?

Channy, im not sure, maybe the lines are fainter because each test is different, or you might even have lots of hcg which creates a hook effect. If you have a test to waste dilute your wee in a cup half half with water and see what the test does.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't have any left now, I did a FRER this morning and a forelife this afternoon and the lines were both ultra ultra light plus my clearblue digi this morning said 1-2 (ppl have had hcg11 and got 1-2 of those) so I under 11-200 hcg in my system. Hoping that bt will show over 200 but am just prepping myself for the worst so anything better will just b a nice surprise if that makes sense. Not buying anymore tests now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Channy I couldn't help but notice that your tests that are the most positive are also quite yellow in comparison to the others - which indicates that your urine those mornings must have been quite concentrated. The test at 20dpo is still clearly positive. I think you know from previous tests that you tend to have low and slow to rise HCG so I don't think its a hook effect or anything like that.

I would be leaning more towards slow HCG and or low progesterone. Have you had your progesterone tested? Ask them to test it when you have your BT on Wednesday unless you start bleeding before then. It might just be a simple thing like that - rather than just accepting what will be will be - if things don't pan out this time there is definitely something wrong that needs looking into - otherwise you may continue to lose little beans that just need a bit of extra help sticking around and would normally develop into a perfectly healthy bub xx

Thanks
    Reviews

I asked them about progesterone and they told me there's no point in testing it :/ I couldn't really argue as they are the early pregnancy unit so I have no leg to stand on in arguing. Yeh I'm not holding much hp really

Thanks
    Reviews
    sorry - just saw your post on the previous page lol. If they are testing HCG - they can test progesterone at the same time. They can also test your coagulation etc which also might give you some answers

Thanks
    Reviews

I can only ask I guess but they dismissed it when I asked last wk

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is strange. My GP also tested my progesterone amongst other things. Most FS will give women progesterone when doing IVF even if there isn't a progesterone problem. Its needed to support early pregnancy so its bizarre that they would not test this...

Thanks
    Reviews

Ill ask on Wednesday but honestly with the disappearing lines I don't think it will make any difference anyway. Hopefully they will give me a referral for fs though so I can find out what the hell my body keeps doing. I think in future I'm just going to use digitals, stressing over line strength does my head in lol

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Channy, I'd insist they test your progesterone. I would bet my bum that it's a progesterone problem.

as for your question, I had a faint line (lighter than your 20dpo one) and then the day I got a proper bfn, my AF started

At my clinic they check estradiol, progesterone and hCG for the pregnancy test so I'm not sure why they'd say it's not necessary.