+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MGCBertie I am really glad your FS was keen on your idea! Also, So wonderful that you don't have to change FS's as well. And so so good that you have a way forward. Lots of positives!

Tinytim... welcome! We are all in this together. I also loved being on the short cycle.

Deb, sara, greenmoon - this could be the start of something pretty great. Lets see if any other sydney ladies are keen and then work out a plan!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beanie87 For This Useful Post:

TinyTim  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTim View Post
    Hi ladies, I hope its ok to join. I've been reading everyones comments and finally got the courage to join in! My hubby and I have been ttc for 3 years now, male factor.. but then your age creeps up so if you dont do something about it soon, you become a big factor! We did our first IVF cycle in January which ended with a chemical. So fast forward to today, im on day 3 of AF and started gonal f injections. Im so much happier this time around because instead of the loooooonnnnnnnngggggggg down regulation im on the short antanogist cycle! Yay! Also this time hubby will be here for epu and et (he works in WA mines).

Wishing each and every one of you all the best, hope we all get to hold our little bunnies soon.
    Oh and im in melbourne, I'd like to meet and chat with anyone who is interested..
    Hi Tiny, I am on my first day of injections so day 3 AF My DF is about to go to the mines in QLD hoping this first cycle works as he will leave after this cycle and no idea when he will be back .
    Fingers crossed for you that all goes well this cycle for you.
    Bertie- Hope with all the new information you will get the results you are after
    Ladies I am keen to join any support group, I am on the Central Coast but am willing to travel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jyork View Post
    Hey sweety,

Your reply made me smile. It's so nice to look at your emails and get a response from someone who is goign through the same pain and hope you are. It makes it more bearable. You are so right-I am always trying to protect myself after all of this hurt.

Why did you stop acupunture? I have tried it before for migraines, but I didn't really feel a difference. My mum uses it and she feels the difference. I am willing to do ANYTHING if it helps. I hope it's not too expensive hey....I thought I would try and book an appointment before my egg collection. How long after your scans is the egg collection? This may sounds silly, but I my hubby and I have not 'been together' in about a month (too hot and too tired and stressed) and I am wondering if there is a specific time that we should have sex before he have to have his sperm sample? I hate this part

I live in the Western Suburbs-near Taylors Lakes...I think it would be great to join a support group. We need all of the help we can get. I tried contacting my counsellor, but she is booked out and can only see me during work hours and only has an appointment in Clayton (over an hour away) available. She said she would call me to 'talk' over the phone. She was so sweet and gently, I liked her a lot.

I am so sorry to hear about your job! That is absolutely disgusting! Have you thought about complaining to a tribuneral of some sort? I just started a new job and the boss seemed lovely and apparently 'couldn't wait' to work with me. I was honest and told her about IVF because I knew I would have to begin this and take an hour or two off for meetings and then time off for the hospital. Since that day, she is dismissive, arrogant and quite rude to me. Once I needed something and was quite worried about it (my medication) and I was actually told this was not their problem and they did not care for me as a 'friend', so don't expect any support. I explained that I was not looking for a 'cuddle' (sarcastically), I just needed professional support. Now I am attacked and critised for everything I do. I ask for something, I get told off-but someone else asks the same question and they are treated so well. I was talking to a colleague yesterday and got told "what do you want! Just hurry up!" while they laughed with the colleague. I am even ignored at times. I am also concerned because my probationary period ends in August-September and I truly believe I will not be kept on. I was just told today that someone else was not re-employed because they did not get along with the same boss. In my profession, it's actually really hard to find work right now, so I'm worried.... What are you doing with your days now? I hope you are not sitting on the couch worrying and crying??? You poor thing

I like the idea of having such a private support group...It is so nice of you to tell me about that.

Do I have to drink loads of water for the scan tomorrow? I'm so glad to have found you girls!!! Thanks for your honest and sweet feedback! You are a gem!

You are right, it's nice to have someone to talk to that's going through the same things, you know they can relate & it's not just words they are saying to make you happy!

I have the same issue with the Counciller, getting appointments around the times they are available is tuff - I'm happy to create a group on FB, it will be secret... I would add you all to my current group but I'm not admin & the girls decided a long time ago that as we have been together as a group for a while not to bring new people in because of the depth discussed etc.... Plus half that group are on a graduates page now 😊 which is nice as it gives you hope, though I wish I was there!!!

You are exactly like me at work, my manager wanted me to become a team leader blah blah, then I tell her about IVF & she does a 360•

I've already decided my next job I'm going to have to hide it & find another excuse & then 'oops' I'm pregnant 😳

Dam this 6 month probation ****!! Grrr

I'm a little flat, find myself sitting around the house a but, haven't seen a lot of work especially the money I was on & I don't want to travel to the city as I live in Emerald! 😁

If you want to PM your full name, ill try create this page!we will not talk personal on it until we are 110% it's a secret group

Anyone who would like to be added, just PM us your full names & idea of profile picture so we can find you! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jyork - you'll have to empty your bladder for a follicle scan I believe 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTim View Post
    Hi ladies, I hope its ok to join. I've been reading everyones comments and finally got the courage to join in! My hubby and I have been ttc for 3 years now, male factor.. but then your age creeps up so if you dont do something about it soon, you become a big factor! We did our first IVF cycle in January which ended with a chemical. So fast forward to today, im on day 3 of AF and started gonal f injections. Im so much happier this time around because instead of the loooooonnnnnnnngggggggg down regulation im on the short antanogist cycle! Yay! Also this time hubby will be here for epu and et (he works in WA mines).

Wishing each and every one of you all the best, hope we all get to hold our little bunnies soon.
    Oh and im in melbourne, I'd like to meet and chat with anyone who is interested..
    Not great news about the chemical but I'm glad to hear you are back on track again!

PM me your name, ill add you to another group - secret on FB....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I've created a secret FB group, none of your friends will see it 😊
    We can get to know each other better 😊 please PM your FB name to me or I'm happy to PM you mine, mine should be easy to find!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Top Deck;7137313]
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiting to exhale View Post
    Tashan great to hear you are able to start

Thanks Waiting to exhale.. however asking all for your help... I had my egg collection, Follicles on monday were as follows.. 2 x 20mm, 2x 19, 1x 18, 1 x17, 1x16, 1x14, 1x 12 2 x9mm
    Trigger monday night, eggs collected Wednesday,
    THEY ONLY GOT 2 eggs!
    The dr was not my dr and when i asked to see him (as I was expecting at least 8 from what the nurse said) he told me that there was none there other than what he got... was very vague and didnt explain a thing. This has NEVER happened to me before. If i have 5 follicles I usually have 5 eggs etc... Once i only had 2 mature eggs from 4 but they still got 4.. Does anyone know what the heck has happened? Are the remainder still in my ovaries? He wouldnt confirm how many fol's he collected and my husband has paged our actual dr and she said that maybe my hcg trigger didnt work? so i had another blood test this morning for her to check that & we have paged her and asked her office to ask her to call us and we are still waiting (8pm) and have heard nothing?
    Can anyone shed some light? Or give me some advice on what I should do?
    I have a feeling they have taken my eggs too early?
    I have requested the 3 blood tests I had done after scans (including the monday scan) as manybe that will shed some light on whether i was ready or not? Oh dear, this has been very upsetting! It is our last try before sperm donor... not sure what to do and havent heard from dr so freaking outl... Hopefully someone can help???
    xxxx
    Hi top deck and group,
    Thought I would jump in and say hi. I have been reading this thread and after reading top deck's comment i thought I would have to reply. I am currently in a cycle and I had epu on Wednesday with you and I had 12 big follicles but only 4 eggs collected!!!! Everyone was shocked. I cried all day Wednesday because in the past I have collected 15 and 23 eggs!! My doc called me yesterday and she was shocked too! She said a lot of girls on Wednesday had low eggs collected and even the doc who did our epu was confused as to what was happening. She thinks the trigger we all gave ourselves was a dodgy batch. I was devastated! I had to have a hcg blood test yesterday to see if there was enough in system.
    So we are definitely in the same boat. I am just hoping the ones they did collect from us are the ones that will be our babies!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Top Deck  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing Riss, hope that sheds some light Top Deck.
    Are you both in the same state?
    Do you both still have the injections & can check if it was the same batch?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MARTTC For This Useful Post:

Top Deck  (15-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am using this site from my mobile and dont know how to pm. Can you message me first so I can send you my name? I feel like a loser hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Riss78;7137919]
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Deck View Post

Hi top deck and group,
    Thought I would jump in and say hi. I have been reading this thread and after reading top deck's comment i thought I would have to reply. I am currently in a cycle and I had epu on Wednesday with you and I had 12 big follicles but only 4 eggs collected!!!! Everyone was shocked. I cried all day Wednesday because in the past I have collected 15 and 23 eggs!! My doc called me yesterday and she was shocked too! She said a lot of girls on Wednesday had low eggs collected and even the doc who did our epu was confused as to what was happening. She thinks the trigger we all gave ourselves was a dodgy batch. I was devastated! I had to have a hcg blood test yesterday to see if there was enough in system.
    So we are definitely in the same boat. I am just hoping the ones they did collect from us are the ones that will be our babies!

Hi Riss- thank you so so much for your comments! This is unbelievable.. I also had the blood test yesterday but my dr told me that the results indicated i did administer the trigger and that wasn't the cause?? This now makes me think maybe I should raise the trigger again?
    Where did you have epu? I am at monash ivf so i had it at epworth.. my dr hasnt said anything about others in the same boat... my dr is just saying totally confused... so not really shedding any light.... PM me if you want to send further details or you want further details from me as definitely think we can help each other potentially get to the bottom of it.
    It makes me very afraid to go through it all again for 2??
    I too cried the minute they told me only 2 eggs (after i said they must be mistaken thats not me and they told me my name and dob and yes it was me) and could only pull myself together for work yesterday but was still crying in the morning... Like i said to my husband I am now calmer, but not any happier about it...
    Agree though we have to hope the ones they got work.. I just know with my hubby's condition 2 eggs is not a great go... was excited to be having maybe 8 or 9.
    I think 4 is good Riss thats 4 chances i am really hoping it works for you and you dont have to worry about the lower than expected number
    And yes, I kept my injection pen so I have it still in the fridge and happy to check if you have yours.
    =)
    Thanks to everyone this has been the most positive response/ ideas I have had, life saver!!!
    xxxxxx