Closed Thread
Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MusicalGal - yay so pleased for you May you have a super-easy pregnancy.

Thanks to those that asked how I'm doing - 12 weeks tomorrow (Fri) and it seems I have totally escaped MS with a grand total of 4 days feeling a bit 'off' in the morning. The terrible reflux I got as a replacement for MS is pretty much controlled with medication. NT scan is next Monday but we won't have results for 7-9 days afterwards.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twocam For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-07-2013),MusicalGal  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MusicalGal, - YAY, I'm so very happy for you. 1070 is fantastic. How many DPO were you when you tested? I'm so glad that the stressful week you had in Brissy was all worth it. I'm sure this bean will be your sticky one .

May I ask, did you do menopur alone, or a combo of menopur and gonalF?

Twocam, - Good luck for your NT scan on monday. Hope that you see everything where it should be.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (04-07-2013),Twocam  (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    musicalgal...woohoo toot toot... another wazza miracle... got to love him..and he is genuinely happy and estastic with every pregnancy. That sounds like a great beta... I hope you are enjoying looking at those 2 lines on a pregnancy test... Ive kept all mine...

twocam... woohoo ... not long until that NTScan... glad you are going well... gosh I am only 3 weeks behind you.

emski and team panda
    ..lets hope that we are on a roll of BFPs and your cycle goes very well.. fingers crossed for you both.

Hi to everyone else.

had a scan today... both beans are still happy and healthy..still cant believe Im pregnant with twins...it still seems so surreal...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (04-07-2013),Leomum  (04-07-2013),MGC Bertie  (05-07-2013),MusicalGal  (04-07-2013),Team panda  (04-07-2013),Twocam  (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. Yeh we are pretty blown away. Can't believe it actually worked! Just gotta hope the little one hangs on in there and keeps growing. So there was one lucky golden egg in there afterall !

Not sure how many dpo I was but I had the usual 2ww after a 5 day Blastie transfer. Pretty high hcg levels tho. ... trying not to read too much into it atm and just enjoy getting this far.

For those who asked about the protocol. I THINK it was oestrogen prime with long down reg. So pill for 3 wks, Saizen growth hormone, Dhea and melatonin. wait for AF. Nearly couldn't start stimming cos estrogen was too high, but left it for the weekend n was good to go Monday.

Started stimming with Menopur 300 in morn and 300 at night (apparently menopur successful for older women and I never reacted much to gonal even on 600/day anyway). At the same time, still on saizen, orgalutran, clexane, (Yes four injections per night! )as well as no end of supplements, q10, fish oil, cardiprin, vit e, megafol, feldene, prednisone, and let's not forget the 8 tablets of progynova and provera per day.

I stopped dhea before epu cos i think it gave me a couple of small fibroids. Stopped melatonin after epu but continued on with all the supplements and added 2 Crinone gels per day and pessary at night plus the clexane.

My problem is usually thin lining and low progesterone. But both of these issues didn't raise their ugly heads this cycle. As far as Saizen growth hormone and dhea for improving egg quality, who knows. I still only got 4 eggs, but 2 were immature and out of the remaining 2 that fertilised, 1 didn't progress much after day 3.

All I can say is I feel good that we threw the kitchen sink at it and left no stone unturned given that we'd decided this was our last try. Turns out it was worth the effort going down to WDA from Cairns. Even though he only gave us an honest 11% chance.

It's still REALLY early days yet though. But we all know too well how hard it is to even get this far, so it's worthwhile celebrating and enjoying the moment.

This support group has been an integral part of my journey. I thank you all and hope that this bfp has added to the positive momentum on this forum. Great to hear of the other bfps and cycles coming up, especially two cam at the 12wk stage!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

emski72  (04-07-2013),Kenta  (05-07-2013),Leomum  (04-07-2013),MGC Bertie  (05-07-2013),MrsPontipine  (04-07-2013),Team panda  (04-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsPontipine and others.... I asked to have my AMH re-tested and got the result the other day. Last year it was 4.7 and now it is 6.9. I can't understand how it can go up, when it's supposed to be measuring ovarian reserve, so it should really be decreasing with time. I queried the nurse who gave the result, but she said she couldn't explain it. Should I bother and ring my FS about it, or just be happy with an AMH of 6.9? I'm presuming one of those numbers is probably not correct. I guess it really doesn't matter, and just getting some mature eggs at EPU will be the outcome I want to see :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    MCG my last FS advised it can fluctuate either way, it just an indicator, not an exact science... good that its going up not down though!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, - WDA said that it can vary dependent on anything from the time of day your blood was taken, to how long it sat around waiting to be tested. So as emski said, it's an "indication". But I was still happy to see the number go up rather than down.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, I'm looking to get my AMH rechecked too before we do another cycle. I heard that different labs are better than others. I had my first done last year with QFG and now I'm going to get one done with S&N to compare.

two cam, musicalgirl, micca hope pregnancy is going well.

hi everyone else

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenta For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-07-2013),Twocam  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for that. Yes, more than happy that it's gone up, than down. When I told my Mum, she was basically jumping up and down for joy, so I had to say to her that it's just a number, and in any case, the ovarian reserve would have diminished over the year in any case!! Then my Mum said, but "can't you just grow more eggs?" I asked, "where did you hear that?" and she said her GP said that even menopausal women can grow new eggs!!! Lol. So I had to sit down, and tell her the whole story of women are born with a certain amount of eggs, and by the time you're a teenager etc. Very funny :-))

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

emski72  (07-07-2013),Milly888  (10-07-2013),Twocam  (07-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Oh that made me laugh MCG!
    Gah... Here I was thinking that my period would turn up tomorrow, but I only just got a positive Ovulation test today which means I won't be starting until at least the 17th! Looks like it's a 40 day cycle for me this month . On the upside we may just catch the golden egg this month if we're lucky
    Last edited by emski72; 07-07-2013 at 14:00.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-07-2013)