+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Country NSW
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0

    Default Tubal Reversal

    I had my tubes tied after my 4th was born, i have been thinking about getting it reversed for a few differetn reason. has anyone had any experince with this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    3,974
    Thanks
    1,595
    Thanked
    1,318
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Tubal Reversal

    I'm in the exact same position. Had my DD4 in feb last year and had my tubes tied but is the biggest regret I've had. I had my first appointment to looking at having a reversal but decided to think more into. I've now got another appointment in May to discuss it further and hopefully go ahead with it.
    Good luck on your journey if you have the reversal. I do know there is an IVF or tubal reversal thread you could post in on here.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Country NSW
    Posts
    371
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    thanks i have been doning some research into it seems it will probably be cheaper to go ivf

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hi. I have also been looking into reversal. Have just got my appointment at Sydney Royal Womens hospital for first consult. I am going as a public patient.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    I am scheduled for surgery next week. 100% public patient! fully covered by Medicare. If you phone the Sydney Women's Hospital in Randwick they can help. It has only been 3 months since I first made contact.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wodonga
    Posts
    190
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    2
    Bushmumma, how did you go?
    Do you know what the wait time is to go public?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    3,974
    Thanks
    1,595
    Thanked
    1,318
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thought I would come back in an post that I finally had my reversal surgery this week. I was a private patient but was only out of pocket a small amount. Now the 3 month wait until we can start trying

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

    Byates  (13-03-2017)

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,645
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked
    2,287
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Thought I would come back in an post that I finally had my reversal surgery this week. I was a private patient but was only out of pocket a small amount. Now the 3 month wait until we can start trying
    What is the success rate? Do you know? I don't want kids now but in my depression haze I chose to get it done. I don't know if I want kids again. But I just feel like I made the wrong decisions.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    3,974
    Thanks
    1,595
    Thanked
    1,318
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    What is the success rate? Do you know? I don't want kids now but in my depression haze I chose to get it done. I don't know if I want kids again. But I just feel like I made the wrong decisions.
    I know the moment I had mine done that I made the wrong decision. I think with all the pressures of pregnancy on our body, we make fast decisions in the moment. At least you know you have an option of a reversal if you wish to have one in the future.
    My gyno didn't seem to think I would have any problems getting pregnant at all due. They base that on a few factors though - age, how the TL was performed originally, and how much had to be rejoined.
    My chances of ectopic are extremely high (up to 90%) if I fall pregnant within the first 3 months and 5-10% if after the 3 months.
    I've seen a few threads of yours and know you are also in SA, I had mine done at Ashford under Dr Radesic. He was fantastic!

    I'm now hanging to see how AF returns and if all the symptoms I had after my TL subside.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,645
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked
    2,287
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I know the moment I had mine done that I made the wrong decision. I think with all the pressures of pregnancy on our body, we make fast decisions in the moment. At least you know you have an option of a reversal if you wish to have one in the future.
    My gyno didn't seem to think I would have any problems getting pregnant at all due. They base that on a few factors though - age, how the TL was performed originally, and how much had to be rejoined.
    My chances of ectopic are extremely high (up to 90%) if I fall pregnant within the first 3 months and 5-10% if after the 3 months.
    I've seen a few threads of yours and know you are also in SA, I had mine done at Ashford under Dr Radesic. He was fantastic!

    I'm now hanging to see how AF returns and if all the symptoms I had after my TL subside.
    Thanks @BabyG4 I'm not having another bub until I finish uni ☺️☺️ good luck getting preg!!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

    BabyG4  (07-03-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Tubal ligation reversal
    By Zibbiddy in forum Non-IVF fertility assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-08-2012, 18:20
  2. Tubal ligation reversal advice?
    By Zibbiddy in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-08-2012, 09:11
  3. Need your advice about tubal reversal
    By allea in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 15:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Swim AustraliaSwim Australia are the leading learn-to-swim experts, and national swim school authority. With over 600 Registered Swim ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›