Closed Thread
Page 61 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    I normally take gaviscon or mylanta
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Haha! I do, but I don't think any of them have done it officially. I want to though. I'll look into it.

I know DP is very excited, but I don't think it feels real for her, it's annoying me that she's not jumping for joy. Is this a normal reaction from partners? Maybe when she sees a heartbeat she will find it more real?
    I think that's totally normal. I think because it is happening with our bodies, it is more real for us. DH seemed more excited once he saw the heartbeat, but he still doesnt seem as excited as I am.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I think that's totally normal. I think because it is happening with our bodies, it is more real for us. DH seemed more excited once he saw the heartbeat, but he still doesnt seem as excited as I am.
    Yes, it must be so weird being on the other side. I just want to make sure I don't go ahead and make plans without her, but then, she's not really interested in looking at different types of cots and the pros and cons of bouncers versus swings! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, it must be so weird being on the other side. I just want to make sure I don't go ahead and make plans without her, but then, she's not really interested in looking at different types of cots and the pros and cons of bouncers versus swings! Lol!
    Hubby is the same. He knows that I'll do the research, and just goes along with what I want. I ask his opinion and generally get a standard response of 'whatever mumma wants she can get'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha! I do, but I don't think any of them have done it officially. I want to though. I'll look into it.

I know DP is very excited, but I don't think it feels real for her, it's annoying me that she's not jumping for joy. Is this a normal reaction from partners? Maybe when she sees a heartbeat she will find it more real?
    I think it's completely normal. My DH was like that when I was pregnant with DD. He got more excited at each scan but he admits it wasn't truly real for him until he felt DD moving in my tummy. I know things like the hospital tour and antenatal classes really helped make it more real for him too so hopefully your DP an come with you on Saturday for the tour of the birth centre.

As for changing your name your in NSW right? I think as long as you were born in NSW it's a pretty simple process through the NSW dept of BDM. I think you can start using the new surname before you formally change it then it's just some paperwork and of course paying a fee for a change of name certificate.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks so much Lil Petal!

Yes DP has changed shifts so she can come on Saturday, I think it's really important for her to be there! I'm glad to see it's pretty normal though. I must admit it'd be hard to match my excitement levels.

And I'm in NSW, born here, so that seems good. I might start trying out my new last name when we tell fam and friends I'm changing it, and have announced our pregnancy officially.

I cannot wait for my scan, I am so nervous and scared but excited to see our baby for the first time! I just pray everything goes smoothly until then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow it has been busy on here in the last day!

FTM- I love Lola Adele. Good choice!

Miss XamA- glad to see you back and sorry you have been feeling so sick! But its great to hear you are now on the mend.

About the vaccines- I am going for the oral Vit K this time, to avoid bub having an immediate needle straight after birth. Midwife told me it's still just as effective so thought i'd go with that. With the hep B I am going to wait until the 2 month jabs to get that done, as there is very little chance my baby would be exposed to hep B in the environment we live in and again, don't want to give such a little one a needle. In the UK we don't give hep B until 2 months and Toby was fine, so doing the same this time. It's all such a personal choice hey.

Lil Petal- I love the name Eliana, very different and pretty. Don't be too envious of my exercise, it was only 500 metres of swimming! And only managing to fit it in once a week, though I do try to walk for 20 mins a day during my lunch breaks when I can be bothered! Don't blame you not doing anything with tummy pain!

Lil Smurfy- hope you're feeling happier now the end of the day is almost here!

Maybee Baybee- I like Ava Mae. Sounds like a film star! I would start to get bits for your hospital bag sorted out gradually, but no rush. Getting the centrelink forms in might be worthwhile when you have time, one less thing to think about later on!

Rainbow- good luck with the birth centre tour! Do you get a caseloading midwife who sees you through all your appointments, birth and after care? This is what the one here does that I am booked into, great service!

AFM- Getting in on the name chat, I have three combinations of girls names picked out to go with our surname:

Bethany Grace Holmes
    Autumn Rose Holmes
    Faith Violet Holmes

Also open to suggestions for other combinations of those!

What do you think?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (18-03-2013),maybee baybee  (18-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Autumn Rose. The first time you mentioned it on here, I thought it was so pretty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bond Girl I love Autumn Rose. It's a stunning strong name

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bond I like all 3 names but if I had to pick a favourite it would be Autumn Rose.