+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default did your second/subsequent bulbs have reflux.?

Hi everyone!. I'm just wondering that if your first bub had reflux than did your second have it as we'll ? If so was it worse? DD now 18 months had horrible colic and silent reflex till she was 9months old. DH has started talking about having a second bub but I am TERRIFIED that the second will have reflux too...I cannot go through it all again...mentally right now I'm still not close to DD because of this . She was diagnosed at just 5 weeks with reflux but it wasn't till she was 4 months old that the medication worked. .TIA in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Oh gosh I hope not!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh darn...just saw I spelled bub as bulb (damn autocorrect) . Can a mod please fix it ?

Thanks
    Reviews

My first had bad reflux but my second was all good

Thanks
    Reviews

First didn't have reflux, second was on meds til 9 months, third on meds til 8 months. Sorry.
    Good thing is that if it happens again you know so much more about it!

Thanks
    Reviews

My first had bad reflux and I like you I was terrified. I spent most of my second pregnancy worried about how I would cope when bub was here. We are at 7 weeks old now and no signs at all of reflux. We have a normal healthy bub who sleeps and isn't in pain. I have only just started to relax and accept that it is not going to happen. I spent the first few weeks waiting for the signs . I understand the anxiety but you can have a baby without it .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First bub had dreadful reflux and was a nightmare to settle from day 1. He was on meds til 15 months. It was a very long 15 months. I dreaded another child with reflux. BUT, #2 didn't have reflux She did have colic but in comparison she was SUCH an easy baby. She would cry & be unsettled (mostly just restless & crying a little bit every now & again) from 9pm til midnight, but then from almost the day she came home she would sleep from midnight til 5am. She was sleeping through the night by 6 weeks! (she stopped doing that at 3.5 months though).

The main difference though was that she was & still is (at 16 months) SO easy to settle. At worst a cuddle for 3 - 5 minutes would put her to sleep, usually without screaming. Amazing. That was when she didn't self settle which was 50%+ of the time under 12 months. I didn't realise babies could truly be so easy. Sure, she wasn't perfect, but boy, in comparison to my ds's reflux she was a dream baby (I wrote in my diary when my ds was about 8 weeks old that he screamed for 9 hours straight a couple of days previously ... and I wrote it so matter of factly as if it was common place & nothing particularly note worthy!).

The good thing about already having one bub with reflux is that if #2 does have it you'll already be an expert and it won't be so scary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OS&N View Post
    Hi everyone!. I'm just wondering that if your first bub had reflux than did your second have it as we'll ? If so was it worse? DD now 18 months had horrible colic and silent reflex till she was 9months old. DH has started talking about having a second bub but I am TERRIFIED that the second will have reflux too...I cannot go through it all again...mentally right now I'm still not close to DD because of this . She was diagnosed at just 5 weeks with reflux but it wasn't till she was 4 months old that the medication worked. .TIA in advance!
    Ds was exactly the same and at 20 months is still on losec. The thought of a second scares me too. Surely we can't be that unlucky!! X

Thanks
    Reviews

OMG so glad someone posted about this! Thanks OP.

My DD had terrible reflux an colic and was a nightmare for the first 3/4 months and I am so scared of it happening again. I think I will also be constantly looking for signs an worrying about it. Although DD was a projectile vomiter so it will be pretty obvious. A friend if mine had her DS1 with reflux and then DS2 had silent reflux which has different symptoms and is way harder to diagnose :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: did your second/subsequent bulbs have reflux.?

DS1 had reflux, with a lot of vomiting. DS2 had extremely bad silent reflux. But I found it soooo much easier to deal with second time around.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub