+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need advice - medication for symptoms after egg collection

Hi - my egg collection was on Friday. I thought I was doing really well, not much pain at all. It got worse yesterday evening though - really strong abdominal pain. I figured it would get better overnight, but finally at 12.30pm today decided I was feeling pretty crook, strong pain and diarrhea - so rang the afterhours clinic number and d'oh, turns out after hours closes at 12. I don't have a fever or nausea or anything though so I don't think its super serious and I'm feeling a little bit better now, but cramping, bloated and bad wind - would it be a no-no to take some gastro-stop? I think that's probably the main problem now. I'm scared I'll still feel sick for Monday when the embryos go in. They have the afterhours nurses back on tomorrow morning so I can hold on to then, but I thought in case anyone had experienced this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! Sorry, I haven't got up to egg collection yet, hope you feel better now.. Were you able to get an answer from your nurse?

just for future reference, I have been told (but not tried myself) that STEAMED banana stops diarreah, but only when it is Steamed with the skin on... But as I said. Have not tried before but thought I'd pass the tip on might help when can't take meds

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need advice - medication for symptoms after egg collection

Sounds a lot like my symptoms when I has ohss. Strongly recommend drinking lots of electrolyte drinks, and call your doc ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke to the nurse today, and she gave me the ok to take a one off gastro tablet. Hasn't made me feel that much better though. I think she thought it was an unrelated case of gastro, but I don't think so. Just in pain now, bearable, but fairly strong. I guess they will scan me tomorrow and will be able to tell if there are any problems, though I don't have fever or bleeding, so hopefully nothing serious. I get the feeling all my embryos will get frozen instead of proceeding to egg transfer. Damn.