+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fave places to visit and play with the kids on the Gold Coast

Hi girls!!
    My DD is at the age now where she loves parks and getting out of the house. So what are your fave places on the Gold Coast to take the kids or even just to visit? I would love to know of more places to go. I've been on the GC for nearly 2 years now but only really know the Burleigh/Miami area. At the moment I enjoy taking Lucy to:

2BKids Playcentre at Burleigh (only been once, Lucy loved it

Nth Burleigh beach park next to kelly ave carpark

Cascade Gardens GC Hwy Broadbeach (thanks to Mel for arranging a meet there, never even knew it was there)

And the beach, of course!

So any suggestions?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello

My son is 20 months and just loves:-

- seaworld...we were able to get the 50% off yearly admission tickets...sooooo worth it, we go almost once a week.
    - currumbin wildlife sanctuary...we went on the weekend - he adored it - train rides, birds sitting on his head , cuddling a koala.
    - Labrador broadwater - great little lagoon there which is perfect for them to toddle round in.
    - Pac Pine playground - its on Hotham Drive (I think) - opposite the pub and the big roundabouts.
    - if its raining we have taken him to time zone at Surfers Paradise...he just loves all the lights, noise and kids running around...not really interested in play the games lol.
    - there is a playcentre at Southport called Abrakidazzle (not that fussed about it) and one at Parkwood called Smileez (pretty good) - generally only go there if its raining.

hhhmmm that's all I can think of for now!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fav would have to be

Dreamworld...am still waiting for the cheap annual tickets to come out (might have to wait till after the xmas rush),
    l
    Local Pool..last week Chels and I took the boys to the Southport pool $3.30 to get in and the kids pool is great, water slide etc...

Manaco Park is great..they have walking/bike tracks then stop for a picnic by the lake/play equipment

Beach, gotta love it.. as BG mentioned, the broadwater is great with a fenced off area

Palm Beach (cant remember what steet is called), there is a great park, IMO the best one on GC..fully fenced, excellent activities, BBQ area.. We should have a meet down that way one day

Ummm, all I can think of at moment..Need sleep..lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love 2bkids its my fav play centre Dakota loves it.

Hey Mel I have a shoppa docket for 10 % off dreamworld annual passes I know its not very much but I havent seen any others.

And Movie world has a deal at the moment for annual passes if you buy before dec 1 they are only $79 and if you buy from dec1 - end of dec they are $99. I would love to get one for there if any one else is keen to get one so we can all go together some days

Such a great thread jodi I need to find some exiting places to take dakota too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really loving the mum and bub program I go to at the moment
    The local pool is good, we have acreage and dd loves to walk around and try to eat sticks and rocks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly1983 View Post
    Hey Mel I have a shoppa docket for 10 % off dreamworld annual passes I know its not very much but I havent seen any others.

And Movie world has a deal at the moment for annual passes if you buy before dec 1 they are only $79 and if you buy from dec1 - end of dec they are $99. I would love to get one for there if any one else is keen to get one so we can all go together some days

Awww, so now Im gonna miss out on Movie World Days as well as Seaworld ..lol

I would get a movie world annual pass but IMO they dont have much for the kiddies to do there... Im still hangin out for Dreamworld.. Or what about Wet n Wild..? would anyone be interested in getting an annual pass for there?

But I agree Kel, movie world has a good deal...$79 is sooo cheap for an annual pass...why dont Dreamworld follow suit..??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the suggestions!! Keep them coming...........I've started a list (another list!!).
    Mel - where is Manaco park?
    And at least with different ppl arranging meets we'll get to know of more places to visit
    I think I'll definetaly get a seaworld annual pass next time they come out and will have to take Lucy to currumbin wildlife sanctuary soon. Has anyone been to Fleays? Whats it like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jodi, Manaco Park is the park on Bundall Road (forget what the cross road is called, but if ur heading into Southport along Bundall Road it's on your left just B4 u get to Ashmore).

It's got a great walking track around the lake and lots of room for play.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mel, I'll have to take Lucy sometime

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Smileez is the best indoor play centre on the coast by far

I take my 2 kids to smileezs on a regular basis. I have been to all the playcentres and have found smileez to be the cleanest offering the most entertainment for the kids and the yummiest food for me. I have met the owners and they have little kids of there own and understand what parents want. Plus they were really nice people. They had a wonderful xmas party for the kids with Santa who gave all the kids a gift at no extra charge it was great.