Closed Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    You have entirely missed my point. I could reword it or perhaps you could reread it?
    I don't think I did. You clearly said
    Pregnancy needn't be the expected result of intercourse, and in most instances it isn't. I don't have that philosophy, pregnancy should always be the expected outcome if you are not protecting yourself from it. Therefore no suprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    2. Many people have sex for purposes other than conception. Pregnancy needn't be the expected result of intercourse, and in most instances it isn't. Therefore most people don't live in a constant state of readiness for the condition of pregnancy.

As for soft cheese, it certainly can be compared. Either you think it's ok to dictate what a pregnant woman can and cannot put into her body or you don't.
    I also missed the last sentence before. But anyway, eating soft cheese is not the same. Smoking does alot of damage to you and your baby, sugar coating it or trying to compare it to anything isn't right. It is what it is.
    I never dictate to anyone what they should do. I state my opinion and apply it to myself. I can't control what anyone does, nor will I condone it and pat her on the back and say 'good job Chrissy'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post
    Just wondering whether a substantial number of the statements made in here today would be made if Chrissie got behind a wheel drunk and ran over a child.
    I think DD is extremely different to having a cigarette while pregnant so they cant really be compared

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post
    Just wondering whether a substantial number of the statements made in here today would be made if Chrissie got behind a wheel drunk and ran over a child.
    For goodness sake... I wonder how many mothers and fathers smoked prior 1960-whenever it was confirmed smoking in pregnancy could harm a baby? Thousands? Millions? Comparing it to murder (vehicular homicide) is nonsensical. Smoking is not ideal for health but neither are lots of the dietary and lifestyle choices many of us make.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),delirium  (07-02-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (07-02-2013)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I don't understand how the fact this baby is a surprise means anything anyway?
    I think the relevance for a smoker is that if you plan a pregnancy you have the chance to quit in a much more planned, calm and civilised manner, in ways that are much more conducive to long term success.

DS1 was a complete surprise (yes, I did know how babies were made) and I found quitting such a challenge. It was simply awful. The only thing that helped was the morning sickness and once that was gone I struggled every day, then resumed smoking once he was three months old.

With DS2 I went on patches when I went off the pill, and was completely nicotine free by the time he was conceived. The quitting process can determine long term success too, and I was able to never start again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand how the fact this baby is a surprise means anything anyway? who cares? The fact she is so distraught tells me she does love the baby. I was a surprise and my parents love me and don't regret it a second. I don't see how that plays any bearing. People that plan their kids still smoke and drink while pg, occasionally yell at their kids. Have relationship break downs which may effect the kids. be broke and struggle to provide the essentials.
    It was brought up before in the thread. But she did use this as a defence.
    It was a suprise pregnancy, no time to quit before hand, when you fall pregnant you are immediately expected to make all the right healthy choices and be able to quit smoking.
    I don't agree with all her statements or explanations personally. And I think quitting smoking should be a priority at all times in your life, especially when you have children because your smoking affects them aswell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You annoyed me in threads yesterday, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. But after the "I would say your (you're) and idiot" quote. I have to say, grow up, stop being so rude and judgemental. Seriously, stop trawling for a fight all the time. You seem like a troll to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    lol who said all that? I quit when I found out, so I didn't try before that, I'm not saying any of the above.
    But yeah if you're having sex regularly you shouldn't be suprised. Ofcourse now everyone will come in and tell me how they got pregnant taking the pill not missing one and using condoms, or like the last thread, dry humped with clothes on When people say suprise pregnancy because they used withdrawel method, didn't think they could fall pregnant because they never did before or did it a time of month they thought was safe I would say your an idiot, especially if you're already a mother and know how babies are made.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think it's sad she has had to 'justify' herself in the first place. It's absurd.

Of course quitting smoking should always be a priority, to me, this doesn't mean that women should be expected to go completely cold turkey the second they find out they are pregnant. Yes, that's the ideal...but not always possible.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I don't think anyone is saying smoking while pg, planned or surprise, is optimal. It's not. Every single parent makes mistakes. It's just that hers are plastered all over the media.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),lambjam  (07-02-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (07-02-2013),PomPoms  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think anyone is saying smoking while pg, planned or surprise, is optimal. It's not. Every single parent makes mistakes. It's just that hers are plastered all over the media.
    I think she shouldn't have hid it from her family and maybe got their support, I'm assuming that is her biggest regret. Otherwise, as long as she is trying that's all she can do.

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    You annoyed me in threads yesterday, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. But after the "I would say your (you're) and idiot" quote. I have to say, grow up, stop being so rude and judgemental. Seriously, stop trawling for a fight all the time. You seem like a troll to me.
    Glad I have that effect on you It's called an ignore list. I suggest you use it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

A lot are saying give Chrissie a break, its her choice ect ect, but what about the unborn child? Do they choose for their blood ****** to be pumped with over 4000 chemicals each time their mother smokes ? Do they choose to be at a higher risk of heart disease, lung problems,facial deformities, cleft palate, learning difficulities and worse? No they dont! Smoking whilst pregnant is selfish and as soon as she found out she was pregnant she should have sought treatment to quit not plastered her story on tv.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub