+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Reason to worry or just being paranoid?

I'm 30 weeks preg with #2 and for the last week or so have been feeling really off. I've had funny vision (not exactly blurry, but having trouble focusing), shortness of breath and bad fatigue. I put the trouble breathing down to bubs squashing diaphram and fatigue down to lowish iron (started taking fabiron a week ago). When I google those symptoms pre-eclampsia comes up. My blood preassure has been fine at all my check-ups but now I'm starting to get a bit worried all these things are adding up to something more serious. Am I being silly to worry? Should I ring my middy or just wait until my appointment next week and mention these things then?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

If your concerned give your midwife a ring

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Reason to worry or just being paranoid?

Wouldnt hurt to talk to your midwife now Might put your mind at ease if youre concerned

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree. If you're worried give the midwife a call. That's what they're there for. At the very least they'll ask you in for an earlier check up just to be on the safe side but they should be able to calm your nerves over the phone.

If bubs is still moving the same as usual I wouldn't worry too much. If he's slow today compared to normal eat some ice cream and or have a fizzy drink and sit down and relax for half an hour - the cold/fizzy will wake him up and reassure you that he's fine

Thanks
    Reviews

The shortness of breath can also be related to iron - u need iron in your blood to carry the oxygen. I'm 29w and my blood tests just showed low iron, i've got much the same symptoms as u.
    I'd be getting doc to order blood tests, and increase your red meat and vit c.

Thanks
    Reviews

Take in a urine sample to your visit. Morning mid******, they can test it for proteins which is another sign of pre-eclampsia. No proteins is a good thing.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    I'm 30 weeks preg with #2 and for the last week or so have been feeling really off. I've had funny vision (not exactly blurry, but having trouble focusing), shortness of breath and bad fatigue. I put the trouble breathing down to bubs squashing diaphram and fatigue down to lowish iron (started taking fabiron a week ago). When I google those symptoms pre-eclampsia comes up. My blood preassure has been fine at all my check-ups but now I'm starting to get a bit worried all these things are adding up to something more serious. Am I being silly to worry? Should I ring my middy or just wait until my appointment next week and mention these things then?
    Wee into a glass jar. Put the lid on and shake it up. If it forms a head like a beer that DOES NOT disappear within 5 mins, that's a sign of proteins in your urine.

I had no signs of pre-eclampsia until 28 weeks with Oliver and Jordan, but ended up with it.

When you say hard to focus- is it like seeing little squiggly lines or worms in front of your eyes??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I wasn't particularly worried until I started googling and pre-eclampsia came up, but thought my blood preassure would have indicated by now if something was wrong. I got bloods done at 28 weeks which showed iron was right on the low side of 'normal', so technically not low but was told to start taking a supplement to get it up. I'll give middy a call tomorrow, just feel a bit silly - I'm probably worrying over nothing.

OJ - I'll do that pee in a jar thing next time I have to go, thanks for the tip. The focus thing is hard to explain, but I'm not getting any squigglies or anything. It's more like when you're really tried and can barely keep your eyes open, and can't focus properly.
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 06-02-2013 at 16:38.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think from memory. Blood pressure issues cause "sparkles" in your eyes. If that helps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's what I had with my first pregnancy. I had spots in front of my eyes at around 37 weeks.