+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help! What are my options?

I start uni later this month and I've been asking around my family and friends if anyone can care for my 2 (age 2 and 4) one day of the week so I can attend classes but it doesn't look like anyone is able to.
    Does anyone know of a reputable babysitting agency or can recommend a babysitter in melbourne, northern suburbs?
    Or maybe a nanny, how much would that cost for one day a week, from around 7.30am til 4pm?

We can't afford child care at the moment but I really don't want to have to withdraw/defer/study part time. What are my other options?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd think a nanny would be a much more expensive option than childcare. Nannies charge a minimum of $20 per hour & then you'd have agency fees. If you are set on a nanny I'd recommend jeni @ citybabysitters. Fantastic agency with reasonable rates and she'll find you a nanny at short notice. Other option would be advertise on gumtree or findababysitter.
    Long day Care or family day care would be your best option. You get 50% childcare rebate so you only need to pay half the cost and depending on your income you could be entitled to CCB reducing fees even further. Also if you're a student there maybe other options for fee relief available to you like jet where you wouldn't have any out of pocket costs at all. I would call centre link to discuss your entitlements & contact local childcare centres or family daycare. You can find local family daycare providers on careforkids, gumtree listings or through your council.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nannys are around $17-$25 pr/hr.

Try family daycare as can be cheaper + rebates or post add on gumtree/at the uni for a sitter swop.

Basically another mum in the same situation as you and you agree to have her kids on x day and she has yours on y day free of charge. You'd be surprised how many working/studying mums are in the same situation as you. Hugs hope you find someone you like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does the UNi have childcare? Mine use to not sure of fees