+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pay TV - how much does it cost YOU per month?

As per the title - how much does it cost you per month to have pay TV?

And do you have it bundled in with your home phone/internet package, or through Foxtel directly?

I've heard if you go through Foxtel directly, it's easier to negotiate a better deal when your contract expires (?)

The offer I'm looking at is $60 p/m, which is the basic package plus sports. Our rental property already has the satellite/connection, which should make it easier to get started.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Austar is owned by foxtel nowadays which is interesting to know. We have Austar Mystar HD ( The recording box) we get basics + Lifestyle + movies. For $72 p/m over 12 months. Was originally going to cost us $84 but DH is a good negotiator i suppose.

But i have had major issues with my boxes. The first box just kepty going to rescan channels work for 5 mins then need to be reset and scan for channels again. The second box didnt record at all. This third box has been good thusfar but coming up to its 5th week its now randomly turning itself off and rescanning for channels like the first box. when we had issues with our 2nd box we got given all channels on foxtel at no extra charge for the next 3 months. So currently we have a box thats about to sh!t itself again but we have all channels on $72 p/m

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Pay TV - how much does it cost YOU per month?

We pay $64 a month for basic + 3 entertainment channel packages and a HD IQ box.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We pay $120-something a month for Foxtel HD IQ with every channel.Installation was free.

Ours is through foxtel directly and theres no contract.
    Last edited by WineTime; 05-02-2013 at 08:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We have everything except movies, we also have 2nd room and iq2 on one and just iq on other It's about $118pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

We have foxtel plus a second box in my cousins room. I think its the platinium channel package we have as well. Comes to $139 per month and we can record on one box(main one). Its directly through foxtel. I had telstra call me and offer the same thing for $100 per month if i bundled home ohone, mobile and foxtel so i do believe telstra is cheaper in the end if you can get a deal through them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We've got Foxtel. We are paying $77 at the moment but will apparently be saving $5 when their new packages kick in 1st March.

We don't have sport, movies or HD channels in our package.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    I had telstra call me and offer the same thing for $100 per month if i bundled home ohone, mobile and foxtel so i do believe telstra is cheaper in the end if you can get a deal through them.

I really want to ditch my Telstra bundle, but I had a feeling I may be able to get a 'better deal' if I stick with them and get the Foxtel integrated into the package.

I think a chat to them is in order...oh boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    I really want to ditch my Telstra bundle, but I had a feeling I may be able to get a 'better deal' if I stick with them and get the Foxtel integrated into the package.

I think a chat to them is in order...oh boy
    Definately give it a shot. Only reason why i didnt sign up for it is because i dont currently pay the foxtel and wasnt going to put another bill on top of what i already recieve unless i had to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing.

I really want foxtel for when bub comes so i'm not having to look on the computer for something to watch IYKWIM.. I can just feed and sit down and watch something