+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you pack for your work lunch?

I'm after ideAs for my work lunch and snAcks. I go back to work soon and usually I would take left overs from the night before but sometimes there isn't any! So need back up plan.
    Also snacks I might take a banana some biscuits and dried fruit.. Chocolate too
    But what else maybe something healthy that u look forward to eating not that u have packed and think augh I have to eat that.
    I don't want to be tempted to go get take away instead of eat my packed goodies..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I pack three lunches every morning.. it gets tiring but when you think of the money you save and the health benefits you get through.

I take yoghurt, fruit, nuts for snacks. Lunches are generally leftovers from dinner the night before, or salad, sometimes a salad sandwich. I try to mix up the salads so I don't get bored - sometimes quinoa, egg, pumpkin, chicken, sundried tomato etc...sometimes a simple baby spinach, capsicum, feta, cucumber, olives and balsamic glaze. Generally if it's just a light salad like that I will take some ryvitas with cream cheese or tinned salmon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'll often take a salad that's got a fair bit of protein in it as well... and then for snacks, I have a nut bar and a 25g bag fava nuts (roasted broadbeans) in my bag too. I'll also take apricots, a plum or something like that along too.

I get a lunch break, but it's usually full doing actual stuff, so I just run and have a bite here and there whenever I can.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What do you pack for your work lunch?

Snacks- yoghurt, fresh fruit, mixed nuts (no peanuts!), healthy museli bar not the high sugar variety. I usually take different things depending on what I feel like or can be bothered packing.

Lunch- dinner leftovers, healthy sandwiches (i take salad fillings in a container to assemble at work) or a nice big garden salad with tuna and sometimes a little cheese and a little dressing. I find nutritious foods best they make you feel fuller longer.

Steer clear of all the crap out there. Its not hard to take a bit of salad or even chuck some frozen veges in a container to heat up at work with some brown rice or something.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I typically take fruit for morning tea, salad for lunch and some almonds or other nuts for afternoon tea... boring but healthy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Every other week I make quiche or zucchini slice and portion/freeze it. They are great for lunches. I also bake biscuits/muffins for morning teas (again portion/freeze) and other snacks ie pinwheels, savoury scrolls etc. Occ I make breakfast muffins instead of always taking cereal .

Just mix it up then.

Thanks
    Reviews

I take fruit and nuts for snacks and leftovers for lunch so I'm not too much of a help but I find it the easiest and most convenient for me

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What do you pack for your work lunch?

Apart from what others have said: i always have frozen meals (Like ww and lean cuisine) in freezer for mornings I can't be bothered. Also cruskits or other biscuits and I take one of those individual small packs of Philly cream cheese. Snacks: rice crackers, yoghurt, fruit, pretzels.
    I'm pretty boring!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I rarely have leftovers after our dinners, nor can I be bothered making my lunch at home to take in like I used to before I was a mum.

Instead I keep my desk drawer & the work fridge stocked with stuff I can make lunches with at work.

I often have corn thins in my desk and just add the toppings (hommous & tuna I had today). I always have a yoghurt or piece of fruit with my lunch.

Sometimes I'll get a few dollars worth of triple smoked ham & use it for lunches a couple of days in a row (I buy a fresh roll each day & usually add tomato).

Another life saver is having some frozen bread to make toast.

I also like the tuna & beans or tuna & rice you can get in the canned fish aisle.

I snack on things like natural nuts, rice crackers, corn crunch (roasted corn kernels).

I used to have avocado fairly often but they've been so expensive lately that I've given them a miss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I sometimes make a caesar salad (chicken, bacon, coz lettuce, egg, Parmesan cheese and croutons)
    I make enough for 4 days and it lasts ok in the fridge (don't put the croutons in) and put some Caesar mayo in the little sauce tub.

I always make sure I have snacks too (yogurt, up n go, fruit) coz I get hungry