+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm using the cross my fingers and wish upon a star method :P
    We've just starting casually trying for our second, and would both love a girl (then we'd have one of each and there'd be less pressure if we go back for a third!). I meant to do the cranberry juice thing, but forgot to buy any, and was supposed to be doing the stop having sex a few days away from O, but as I'm not temping or checking and my cycle's not regular in its length, I think all I managed to do was not get pregnant this time round :P ah well.
    I had sex on O and got my son... but we were having a lot of sex, haha, so it might not mean anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Trying to conceive a specific gender?

Misho I heard the opposite.. Junk food gets a boy and lots of dairy and healthy food gets a girl
    I ate heaps of junk and I got a boy.
    Also Dtd every second day from period and got boy
    Next time I'm going to over load on dairy for my girl and try dtd after O
    I take clomid so it's hard I don't want to keep missing the boat each month because we wait until after O

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trying to conceive a specific gender?

I was dairy free for 16 months and conceived a girl this time....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    We gender swayed for a boy and after 4 girls we got a boy
    My mum was the same, I have 3 sisters and 1 brother! She desperately wanted a boy, she just had to have 4 girls first to get to the boy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LowAMHonly25yo For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (30-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    With our girl we dtd whenever we felt like it, sometimes multiple times a day back then i had no idea when i was ovulating or due to, we just had fun!
    when ttc for our 2nd, i swayed towards trying for a boy but wasnt really fussed either way just hoped to fall pregnant. Anyways, we dtd the day i ovulated and that's it for that cycle. Got our boy.
    So you tried the 'fun' method! haha I like your relaxed approach!
    Last edited by LowAMHonly25yo; 30-01-2013 at 18:06. Reason: Incorrect Spelling - Should be your not you're. silly me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Hi there, we tried for a girl this time. I can't be sure if it made any difference, but we have been blessed with a little girl this year. I researched 0+12 and cutoff and went for cutoff as I have very regular ovulation (down to the hour as determined by maybebaby saliva device). I did a full 4 day cutoff. So, we DTD at least twice a day from end of period to day 10 then nothing at all after ovulation. If you do cutoff, it is very important not to DTD until way after ovulation. I also took vitamins (magnesium, calcium, loads of cranberry and cranberry juice), not big O and toilet straight after each time. I thought 4 days out would be too far out, but evidently it wasn't. I found all my sway info online. Good luck
    This is probably a stupid question (its been a long day!) but what do you mean by not big O and toilet straight after each time & what was the reasoning behind that? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfirst View Post
    Hi, I wanted a boy first time....this might be too much information but we did it the day I ovulated, in a deep penetrating position ie doggy style...and made sure I orgasmed.
    I don't know whether it is true or not but I read that orgasms are good for boys but not good for girls...
    and we had a boy!!!
    I did read both of those things online, re sperm deposit deeper for a male and that orgasms are not good for girls. I think it may have something to do with the fact that it changes the mucus in there and I guess the girl sperm don't like it...

Congrats on your baby boy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    Well... this is an intresting topic in my household because my DP REALLY wants a girl and yet I am leaning towards a boy!

So he is trying every trick in the book to sway for girl (sex 3+ days before ovulation and day of ovulation and LOTS of citrus) and with boy I am trying for sex day after ovulation + 3 days after ovualtion has occured.

Not sure what is going to happen when we concieve though
    Haha thats confusing! I hope you get the baby boy you desire! From other posts it seems there is other things you can do to help sway towards the boy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nikki61087 View Post
    We are trying for a boy after 3 girls. I havent used anything with the other 3 but this time round i am temping, OPK, salvia microscopes, CM and position of cervix to pin point ovulation. We plan to just have sex generally and once i get the positive opk/ferning then it will be that day plus the next until it gets negative. Really its a 50/50 chance but knowing our luck another girl, either way a baby is a baby and we love them no matter what
    Good Luck Nikki! Hope you get the baby boy you desire!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    Ooh I want to hear more!

My naturopath said for a girl you eat dairy and lots of naughty/junky foods.
    For a boy, no dairy, no juice, lots of veggies etc.

The idea is it changes the acidity in your vajayjay so that combined with the ovulation & Dtd methods, the boys/girl sperm die off faster and you're more likely to conceive what you want.
    I hope your naturopath is right, because I have a major thing for banana smoothies at the moment! Did your naturopath say what other ways we can change the acidity (more acidic for me as I want a girl!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast