+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I too feel like something is underlying. I havent done anything as I said to provoke/cause this...and last weekend we had a "joint baby-shower" with all our friends, and he was so excited and had a great time.
    I have no where else to go, so it'll be me and him at home for the next 3days!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Feeling unsupported and fighting with the husband...

Don't want to sound harsh, but why are you sucking up to him when he is being rude? He can treat you like crap and he knows you will come begging. I would be running the other way.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

CSaw  (25-01-2013),delirium  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hugs csaw you poor thing, don't take anything he says to heart. He doesn't mean it and will regret his words. You are doing a great job. Concentrate on yourself and your beautiful baby.
    I have pnd and like your DH hated my life for a while when I was pregnant and after delivery. He needs to speak to a gp and get some help. I'm on antidepressants now and slowly getting used to my 'new life' that isn't as as fun or carefree as I used to be. It's a transition that takes time. Eventually (hopefully) he will appreciate your support but he really shouldn't take it out on you so be firm about this if you can. Say "I'm sorry you are unhappy and I love you and will help you through this but I will not allow you to speak to me in this way. "
    Remember you need to take care of yourself first though. Good luck. Xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Funnels For This Useful Post:

CSaw  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess Im "sucking up" because I don't want to 'fight' over nothing. I want him to be happy so I can be happy and not stressed.
    Sounds silly...but I feel like that I can cheer him up or something...I dont know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

You poor thing

Your hubby is either depressed, extremely young/immature and/or a natural born @rsehole.

How old is your hubby? I'd he's very young I'd say perhaps he hasn't lived life and isn't ready for parenthood. If he's a reasonable age, perhaps he is depressed and needs professional help.

Either way look after yourself and distance yourself from his negativity until he gets his $hit sorted.

Good luck...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are both 28...

Thanks
    Reviews

It depends how he normally is. Is this behaviour out of character? If so, then I would be inclined to be supportive and compassionate but still stick up for myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    could he be over thinking the idea of becoming a Dad?

You've had 36 weeks of feeling bub grow and move, your body changing, getting used to the idea. While he's also had 36 weeks, to him 9 months probably seemed like a life time away, now in 4 weeks time, or there abouts, HE WILL BE A DAD. My hubby got a bit stressed about the responsibility of raising a child, how our lives would change, the fact that he couldnt just change jobs on whim because he had a family to support now, the thought of one income. I'm happy to report that the second our DD was born hubby was completely besotted with her and his negative thoughts about how his life was about to change completely dissolved.

If I were you I'd give him space (ie: avoid him and let him sulk for want of a better word) and see how things pan out. Got any good DVD's? Set yourself up on the couch with a few DVD's, drinks and snacks handy, and have a bit of time to yourself.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    could he be over thinking the idea of becoming a Dad?

You've had 36 weeks of feeling bub grow and move, your body changing, getting used to the idea. While he's also had 36 weeks, to him 9 months probably seemed like a life time away, now in 4 weeks time, or there abouts, HE WILL BE A DAD. My hubby got a bit stressed about the responsibility of raising a child, how our lives would change, the fact that he couldnt just change jobs on whim because he had a family to support now, the thought of one income. I'm happy to report that the second our DD was born hubby was completely besotted with her and his negative thoughts about how his life was about to change completely dissolved.

If I were you I'd give him space (ie: avoid him and let him sulk for want of a better word) and see how things pan out. Got any good DVD's? Set yourself up on the couch with a few DVD's, drinks and snacks handy, and have a bit of time to yourself.
    Good advice

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do you think he has had his mates in his ear with all of the *your life is over, never gonna be the same* crap and it has freaked him out?
    It seems pretty sudden to have had such a big change in a short period of time.

If he isn't depressed he is just being an @rse-hat and really needs to decide if he is man enough to be a parent.

I hope he can work himself out and come through for you, your baby, your family.