+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How so you juggle it

I'm continuing my nursing dip this year after 8 weeks part time last year. I'm nervous about how little time ill now have for DD.

I won't see her Monday morning very briefly tues, wed and thurs morning. I can't do any of those days school drop off as I need to leave between 5-7am to get I tafe.

I won't be home until 5, 6 or 7pm at night. She will be going to after school care. Only days I have at home are Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Somehow have to fit in study ad assignments in there as well.

I feel so sad I won't be so available and involved with dd 😫

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

congratulations on continuing your study...I am also doing my dip nursing( six months in) I go to school two days and I also work three day (total around twenty hours per week). I have a 14 month old boy.

Firstly, what you are doing is something valuable and worthwhile for your daughter and family. You are setting yourself up for a career and bettering yourself to secure your future. Do not feel guilty and do not under estimate what you are achieving.

My son goes to day care three days a week and I have two days at home with him. I do all of my study when he is in bed ( I don't find the workload very difficult if I stay on top of it) and I make sure that the time we spend together is quality family time. Sometimes I feel like I want/need more time with him but there are always semester breaks/school holidays etc. Yes, it can be hard but I know it's worth it for our future.

Good luck, it can be hard at first but once you settle in to a routine and organise yourself you and your family will be fine