+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Thing is though, babies like mine WILL NOT feed under a cover. I thought I would feed with a cover (mainly to hide my ridiculous boobs), but she just would not latch, take the cover away and was all systems go.
    Well if your baby will not feed under a cover then she won't feed and you gotta do what you gotta do. You have to feed her no matter what. I totally get that and it's cool.

I found this great cover that I really hope bubs will love because it doesn't cover her face but is still discreet so that no one will be able to see my ridiculous boobs

feeding.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Nurse in at Sunrise- sydney

And when she/he is squirmimg, crying/pulling it down/sweating and overheating under it? When there are no parent rooms around/they are on the other side of the crowded 3 storey mall/they are small/full/stink of poo.. When you have other children to watch and can't just up and leave? When you havnt slept for x weeks and just need bub to calm down as you are already getting dissaproving stares from his/her noise as if you shouldnt even be there.. How inconveniant it is that your need to buy food is somehow in the way of someones coffee catchup...

So your sitting there, stressed, tired overwhealmed trying to latch your baby on under this fiddly, in the way wrap that is constantly falling down anyway..

Do you really think it is fair that during all this someone is in the right to judge you for not being more 'discreet' when you decide it is just not practicle to cover up..

sorry I dont mean this offensively I just think a lot of these opinions come from people who just havn't been there yet. For those who have and persevered for covering up, thats your choice but it shouldnt be forced apon anyone in this kind of situation and I feel that those attitudes from people who are around you is arrogant and selfish.

Sorry for bad grammar/spelling as I typed this quickly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (21-01-2013),FluffyDucks  (21-01-2013),FrothyFrog  (21-01-2013),gonnabeaGR8mum  (21-01-2013),Guest654  (21-01-2013),Lozie  (21-01-2013),mummabec  (23-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (21-01-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post

Grant doing the weather and the hand squeezy thing and his lame jokes made me pull my WTF face for sure.
    Argh, that p'd me off. I get he was probably trying to have a laugh at Kochi but he just kept going

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster & Boof View Post
    I think that some people are too sensitive... I mean that in a nice way too! I really don't think that he meant he hated breast feeding or that women shouldn't be able to do it where they please, I think he more meant that feeding mothers should do it more discreetly. Times have changed breasts are now also a sexy thing rather than just a feeding tool, sure maybe he shouldn't of compared it to sunbaking topless BUT it is his opinion and everyone has one. Mine is that a baby should be fed wherever it is hungry, breast, bottle or spoon but not everyone agrees with it and its sad that so many people have taken so poorly to someone's expression of their opinion. At the end of the day does it really matter? Does it change your opinion, does it make a difference to how you do things??? NO!
    When someone in a prominent position in the media starts making comments that suggest that mothers who feed their babies in public lack class or are indiscrete, it gives permission to others to start speaking and acting against breastfeeding, which is a protected act under the law. We all know that sometimes the breastfeeding relationship is very fragile. We have to consider getting feeding times right, having sufficient supply which can take a lot of work for mums, making sure you don't wait too long or baby is in hysterics and you can't get them to latch etc. The more road blocks we put in the way of breastfeeding mothers, the sooner people are going to wean their babies, or the babies will wean themselves. If I had to consider going and hiding in a corner everytime my baby needed a feed (see my previous post about my baby not liking covers), I would have missed out on some very important moments, like watching me neice in her first dance performance, or attending a wedding ceremony or a funeral. So my alternatives would be not getting to participate in my life (making me feel very isolated), expressing which can be difficult to maintain (or formula feeding, but I didn't want to do that, and I personally had lots of milk), and my baby wouldn't take a bottle. So, therefore I fed where I stood or sat. I didn't make a show of it, I just got on with business.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

gonnabeaGR8mum  (21-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (21-01-2013),smallpotatoes  (22-01-2013),ToonZie  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    And when she/he is squirmimg, crying/pulling it down/sweating and overheating under it? When there are no parent rooms around/they are on the other side of the crowded 3 storey mall/they are small/full/stink of poo.. When you have other children to watch and can't just up and leave? When you havnt slept for x weeks and just need bub to calm down as you are already getting dissaproving stares from his/her noise as if you shouldnt even be there.. How inconveniant it is that your need to buy food is somehow in the way of someones coffee catchup...

So your sitting there, stressed, tired overwhealmed trying to latch your baby on under this fiddly, in the way wrap that is constantly falling down anyway..

Do you really think it is fair that during all this someone is in the right to judge you for not being more 'discreet' when you decide it is just not practicle to cover up..

sorry I dont mean this offensively I just think a lot of these opinions come from people who just havn't been there yet. For those who have and persevered for covering up, thats your choice but it shouldnt be forced apon anyone in this kind of situation and I feel that those attitudes from people who are around you is arrogant and selfish.

Sorry for bad grammar/spelling as I typed this quickly.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Apparently the parenting rooms are used to advantage other people, instead of their children... My sister mentioned being in one at our local shopping centre and some guy came in just to use the toilet and do a sh!t!!! His wife came looking for him too and didnt appreciate the looks of disgust from my sister and her husband who were just trying to feed their daughter and change her nappy!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiplusthree View Post
    I'm going to assume this was for me?

I never said anyone had the right to judge you but they do have a right to an opinion just as you do. If they feel that you should be more discreet then they have that right to feel that. Think them ignorant or stupid or whatever you wish, but they still have the right to think it.

Let me make this very clear. I am not against breast feeding in public. You gotta do what you gotta do. Your baby is hungry and won't feed under a cloth then you don't use one full stop. I don't care either way what you do. But I do care what I do and I know that I am the type of person that will cover up just because that's who I am. Doesn't make me wrong or right. It just is.

It's lovely to see a woman breastfeeding her baby and makes me feel good but there have been times where I've seen it and it hasn't made me feel good because of the way it was done. I once had a woman at a club where I worked literally while I was talking to her, she flopped her boob out in all it's glory and breastfed bubs right then and there. I understand bubs was hungry but would it have been that hard to excuse herself from our conversation? I don't care that she was breastfeeding in our club, it's a free world but I did care that she didn't think about how I would feel about her doing it right infront of me with no warning. Even a warning would have been nice.

Anyways, I'll say it again. I love to see a woman breastfeeding her baby if I'm walking past her or what not but I didn't appreciate having that lady do it in my face.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

jellybub  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Apparently the parenting rooms are used to advantage other people, instead of their children... My sister mentioned being in one at our local shopping centre and some guy came in just to use the toilet and do a sh!t!!! His wife came looking for him too and didnt appreciate the looks of disgust from my sister and her husband who were just trying to feed their daughter and change her nappy!!!
    This is the very reason I refused to use the parents room at my local shops. So many people thought it was ok to go in there and do their business with no thought to the mums and bubs who would sit in there smelling their business for god knows how long!

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I wrote on his facebook wall and people are agreeing with him and arguing with me! People are so so stupid, I wish people who know nothing about breastfeeding would just STFU. Makes me want to re-lactate and breastfeed my toddlers and maybe squirt some milk on their stupid faces

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I remember this from my breastfeeding days. It actually happens quite often. The worst for me was when DS2 was quite young and i was trying to get him to latch while sitting in a parents room (there were no private stalls), a guy walks in, gawks at me like i'm some kind of freak then makes his way to the toilet???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    Thta's so messed up! See in this case I couldn't help but say something. I would have told him to take his sh*t elsewhere .. dirty pig!