+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone from Ireland on bubhub

What do you miss from home?
    How long are you here & where are living?

Thanks
    Reviews

Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not from Ireland, but thought because no one else has replied, I'd reply I was raised in an Irish/Australian family and I lived In Ireland for years Galway and Dublin (back in the days of the Celtic tiger, my friends tell me it has changes heaps) I miss two things, the trad Irish sessions and Irish christmas especially Grafton street, love the decorations and carollers etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm from Dublin, but lived in London for 10 years before moving to Sydney 4 years ago. I must admit I only miss family!!! But I really really miss family. It's getting harder the longer I'm here. DS was born here he is a true aussie, but eventhough I lived in London for so long I still feel 100% Irish. I miss my parents and hate my kids not having grandparents, cousins etc nearby, but I really feel our lifestyle over here is so much better than we had in Ireland. So I have an internal battle about what would be best for our family. Where do you live?

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks beebs 😃
    I was beginning to think there were no irish at all on BH lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Freyamum View Post
    I'm from Dublin, but lived in London for 10 years before moving to Sydney 4 years ago. I must admit I only miss family!!! But I really really miss family. It's getting harder the longer I'm here. DS was born here he is a true aussie, but eventhough I lived in London for so long I still feel 100% Irish. I miss my parents and hate my kids not having grandparents, cousins etc nearby, but I really feel our lifestyle over here is so much better than we had in Ireland. So I have an internal battle about what would be best for our family. Where do you live?
    I live in canberra but its only temp as we move with my hubby's job..
    I'm not living in Australia long (16months)
    I do miss family & friends from time to time but I'm not homesick to want to go home. Last time I was terribly homesick was last jan & it lasted for 2 months.
    But think it was because I had just found out I was pregnant & wasn't happy where I was living at the time.

Would be nice as you said to have family around to see our children grow up but the lifestyle is a lot better here & my DD was born here also.

Feel totally settled now even though I was home at Xmas & everyone thought I would hate coming back which I didn't.

I miss the green green grass lol..a good fry, chocolate &no spiders to worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews

Freyamum where do you live?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I forgot to say I miss my friends! Ireland is a long way and I have a lot of good friends there. Boo.

Missie- that is funny! I used to work over the south side in ballsbridge, but I lived in Glasnevin - but just on the border of Phibsboro.