+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Realestate. What is most important to you: Area/location of suburb or House.

I was reading some "House buying" information sent to me and one of the questions to consider when buying a house is area or house (so for X amount you can either buy an older, 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house in a great area convienient for you) or a new 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house in your less desired area.
    Which is you?
    Our current house was the 2nd option, a larger house in a further away area. We are looking to sell, increase our mortgage and buy a slightly older, smaller house (at least 3 bedroom, renovated kitchen/bath, 2 living or 4th bedroom and hopefully ensuite) in our disired area.
    It freaks me out. However I love this area because it is close to my family, the good schools I wish to send my boys, the city, great shops etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The area. For sure.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Realestate. What is most important to you: Area/location of suburb or House.

Area! We moved to our favourite suburb and downgraded our house to do so. Here we are close to work and surrounded by great schools for the kids. It is a wonderful community free of the awful people we use to encounter in our old place. Hopefully one day we will own a beautiful home in this area, but for now I am really happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks. I think I am just nervous about our mortgage being a lot more (although we can afford it, it will be tighter and around $180,000 more!)
    Also living in an older, slighty smaller home.

However, I want to walk outside and feel and love the area im in
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 11-01-2013 at 19:34.

Thanks
    Reviews

Location for sure. We have moved back to our small unit for that very reason

Thanks
    Reviews

Space has always been important for us so we have tended to sacrifice area.

That being said, we've never compromised to the extent we regretted it.

It's a balancing act. Only you can decide what is your tipping point.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Location, location, location. To a point, the house still has to have certain requirements.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Area.
    Saying that though, I wont be buying a house for the sake of owning....when I am ready to buy a house I would be looking only in our chosen areas and aim for that.
    That is just me though

My brother built a brand new 3x2 house out in whoop whoop because the price was right and he felt it was time to own. He lived in it for a year and hated it because it was too far from where he wanted to be (too far from friends/family/entertainment aswell) and he said he felt trapped and isolated all the time. So last year he started renting the whoop whoop house to us and moved to a rental right near the city....EXACTLY where he wants to be.

Thanks
    Reviews

Location location location

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Location.
    We live in a crappy house in our dream location. One day we hope to renovate but we are happy as is anyway.