+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Must have baby items

I was advised not to buy too much BF equipment until baby's out. You seem very ready!!

I'm 27 wks and have cot, change table, swing, some clothes and rugs, a pram and a car seat. Will only get a bath seat before birth and I think anything else will wait after the birth (I will send DH to the stores)...

Will do a big buy of nappies, wipes and water online in the last month.

Oh, I forgot my most valuable baby buy so far : a nespresso machine!!! Love it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes!! Definitely a nespresso machine!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I second the white noise app and the nespresso machine!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yup we've got all the bath stuff from my best friend plus a huge box of newborn nappies to start.

This bubba has been a few years in the making and the dr said that there was a chance things could go wrong and I'd end up in hospital on bed rest so we thought we better get in early.

Hong love those coffee machines! And we have a good one, but I thought you couldn't drink coffee while you are breast feeding?

Thanks
    Reviews

Just subbing so I can find this later! Some great ideas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wine...?

But seriously, I think you have most things covered. I found a nappy bin really useful (and still do). DD is now 2.5 and we've used one since she was a newborn. I find they do lock in smell really well - we've never had a problem with that - and much more convenient than walking to the outside bin with nappy bags. (Obviously depends on how far your nursery is from the outside bin, but it's a bit of a trek for us). Plus with the nappy bins you just throw everything in, whereas with the bags you have to be a bit more careful not to get - stuff - on you...!

I didn't use muslin wraps that much, even though everyone advised to get loads. DD was never a pukey baby, and we only used them for swaddling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots and lots of brand name baby wipes. The cheaper ones have some banned chemical in them. We had a box of wipes in every room, next to every chair and in the bathroom!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Lots and lots of brand name baby wipes. The cheaper ones have some banned chemical in them. We had a box of wipes in every room, next to every chair and in the bathroom!
    Definitely agree with lots of wipes, but I'd say maybe wait until baby is born before buying.

The only reason I say that is that DD is horribly allergic to Huggies wipes. If I use one on her (even lightly) she gets the worst nappy rash. She's not allergic to anything else at all, and has used all our shampoos/ shower gels, etc. One of those strange quirks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yup my best friend who's little girl had terrible excema has very kindly bought me about 5 different types of hypo allergenic/soap free/sensitive skin wipes so we can see which ones work ok then will go and stock up on piles

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Must have baby items

I use homebrand unscented wipes. They are $9 for a box of 6 and are thick. DS gets bad eczema and is fine with them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub