Closed Thread
Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Acorn and I am new to the forum and brand new to TCC and very excited to join the club. I am slowly working my way through this entire thread and can't wait to join in. I'm 33 and DH is 36 and this will be our very first attempt at growing a little baby acorn I have tracked one cycle so far and am currently waiting on AF to arrive and depart so we can get this show on the road. I also need DH to arrive back from his overseas business trip. He needs to be part of the process of course. Fingers crossed he doesn't have to go away again until we are preggers.

Let's go! 2013 the year of the BFP.

....trying to get my head around the abbreviations. I am such a TCC noob.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Acorn and I am new to the forum and brand new to TCC and very excited to join the club. I am slowly working my way through this entire thread and can't wait to join in. I'm 33 and DH is 36 and this will be our very first attempt at growing a little baby acorn I have tracked one cycle so far and am currently waiting on AF to arrive and depart so we can get this show on the road. I also need DH to arrive back from his overseas business trip. He needs to be part of the process of course. Fingers crossed he doesn't have to go away again until we are preggers.

Welcome acorn!! I love your avatar! It won't take long to get your head around the abbreviations and if in doubt just ask. It's such an exciting time at the start of your ttc journey. How your has your dh been away for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone you are too nice due date is Oct 16 which is awesome as m,y birthday is October 14! I just told my parents and DH parents and only close family, going to leave telling everyone else for another 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Oh that is the best news!!! You must be over the moon!!!!!!!! When's your EDD so I can update the roll call

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used forelife ovulation kit. I found it a useful and interesting exercise to start off on the right foot.

nomie - I did it from the time I stopped taking the pill. I started peeing on the from cd 12. I didn't think I was going to o but I did, I wasn't expecting a 28 day cycle either so it was 2 nice surprises. That first o week I couldn't keep my hands off dh. The hormones leave your system within a few days.

Cantwait - I figured if it was coming up with a bfp we aren't sharing a blood source therefore it couldn't hurt...now I'm not sure... Did you 'feel' utd before you knew because I feel nothing?!? Maybe its more so because I got a neg hpt

In my situation if I had of kept my app at telling me when I o'd I would still be aiming for cd 14 and most likely missing my window. So I found the OPk useful.
    Nope didn't feel any different, I guess the weird thing I experienced was more moisture (once again TMI!). Usually CM goes away or goes dryer after O but last month it was kinda wet and stuff which made me question if I was preggers, it gave me hope.

I don't mean to make you question yourself, do whatever you feel is right for you and your body. Heaps of people drink during the TWW - as I said its personal preference and I am certainly not here to judge anyone else just to provide help and support

6 weeks today and God I have been so tired, boobies are really sore too! If I feel iffy / sick I just eat and I feel better, uh ohhhhh hope I don't blow out but I can't help it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Hi everyone!

Welcome to the group!

Yep having DH around to help might be handy haha! This would be one of the first times you would actually be looking forward to AF arriving and going, bring it on, it doesn't take too long for you to get preggerssssss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for being a bit mia this week ladies, Been really crazy busy!

But its the weekend now

Just a quick catch up as we are about to go out for dinner.

Hi and welcome onlyjust, and Acorn,

Onlyjust hoping your cycles sort themselves out really soon, have they always been all over the place? Might be worth looking into why they are not settling (if you haven't already)

Acorn, hope you ttc journey is a short one

YAY Clucky!!

Disney, my first hpt of a cycle is usually a fri or sat too, so I know if I can drink , I never drink too much but I figure not sharing a blood supply, a few can not hurt. 5 dpo is still really early though, ill keep fx for you.

Munchkin, I love using opk's, tell me so much about what my body is doing. I buy them online from oracle fertility, really cheap!

well I was thinking that I might o some stage this weekend, but opk's are telling me it might be late not too sure whats happening, but will keep dtd and keep fingers crossed that month 5 is the lucky one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Nope didn't feel any different, I guess the weird thing I experienced was more moisture (once again TMI!). Usually CM goes away or goes dryer after O but last month it was kinda wet and stuff which made me question if I was preggers, it gave me hope.
    ive have this!! I thought I was ovulating again! It's weird!! I didn't think this was a symptom, I just thought it was my body doing weird things... Oh I wish I had crystal ball to see what was going on in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there everyone Was wondering if I could join this thread?

We have just started TTC#2 this month and I am 5dpo I am hoping to remain relaxed about things, particularly as I had some problems last year and know I need to keep level headed while TTC! I joined the TTC threads when I was TTC my son and found it to supportive and helpful

Disney: I had the icky too much cm with my BFP cycle...and with this cycle too strangely enough. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Clucky: congratulations darl! Wonderful news How lovely to have your due date so close to your birthday too. Must have been meant to be

Sending lots of babydust to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

I grabbed a kit from Coles for my first cycle (as in first real af) just so I knew which was my real o day (or if I was o'ing at all... I had been on the pill for 12 years straight and I was worried). On pink pad it sets o day as cd14. After using OPk I found it was actually cd16 for me. So the little flower was in full bloom on my app then and it remembers that and each month it makes sure my full bloom flower is cd 16. Because your not planning on trying for a few months yet its probably not that essential.

mumma k - cd8! Is that normal for you?? That's super annoying. Make sure you replace that iron your loosing
    Who knows whats normal anymore... Stupid pcos. My friend who also has pcos keeps saying "at least you're getting AF!"

Yes, yes I am. But it doesn't bugger off! I'm just chugging along taking my vitex hoping it helps. My progesterone is low so my body is just having an estrogen party & allowing AF to stay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013...The year of BFP's!

Welcome newbies & congrats clucky!!! Yay.

Wow, a couple of scientists on here! I'm an engineer. I started doing a research Masters when I finished uni (biochemical engineering), but found I didn't enjoy being in the lab. Instead I decided to work in a job where I get to see a heap of different research in different fields (Govt), did a Masters in Policy & now studying entrepreneurship. Like you Disney, I'm a bit of a geek & love learning

I wish I was going away for the weekend. I also wish I could figure out what my stupid body is doing. I appear to be 16 dpo (based on chart & opk) temp was still above the coverline this morning, but only just, so I didn't take a hpt this morning (couldn't face that stark white space again!). AF has still not turned up. I've been feeling dizzy & slightly nauseous all day (& slight nausea on and off for the last week or so), & I had a strange kind of cramp across my pelvis & hips (not like any AF cramp or anything I've ever felt before) today, & I've been super hungry??? Oh, & I've also had some cm for the past 2 weeks (on & off) & I'm sure I'm usually dry/tacky (tmi) right up until AF comes. Could I be one of those people who can't get a bfp on a hpt???

I'm on my way home now & thinking I'll take a hpt when I get home. Has anyone here had luck getting a bfp in the afternoon (i.e. not fmu?).

Sorry for the long post.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub