+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is your baby a bad sleeper? I'd love to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    I find even reading things about "bad" sleepers hard because these nights of waking 2-3 times sounds absolutely AMAZING to me and so far from where my baby's at. Most of the "bad" sleepers I read about sound fantastic compared to mine.
    That's so funny, some woman in my mum's group came really upset one day after their "hard" night of baby waking up 3 times during the night.

I wanted to punch her face in.

Come to think of it, the other day someone asked if DS was a good sleeper, I said "yeah he's doing really well, he sleeps through now, only gets up 2-3 times a night", lol, apparently that's not classified as "sleeping through".

OP one thing I have realised is babies do things when they're ready to.

DS had to be held to sleep for the first 3 months (if I wanted him to sleep longer than 20 minutes), then, one day I put him in his cot and he slept for 3 hours!

He still wouldn't sleep on his own at night, then again, one night, he just did! I had tried a million times before, I didn't do anything different this time, it just worked.

After loads of stressing about his sleeping (a good night was awake every 3 hrs, bad night awake every hour), the most valuable lesson I have learnt is that when they're ready, they seem to work it out.

DS is 6.5mo and has 2 x 2 hour naps, and is only up 2-3 times at night now. Don't get me wrong, we still have catnap days where he won't sleep longer than 30 minutes (yesterday), but I don't stress because I know it won't always be like that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OneWithUnagi For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Is your baby a bad sleeper? I'd love to hear from you.

I echo this. I also learnt they do it when they're ready and it's just their personality. My son didn't sleep through the night consistently until he was well past 1 yr old and now is turned 2 and can still sometimes wake. He needed holding to sleep for the first few months.

Hang in there, it does get better!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub