+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Pregnant again straight after miscarriage and d&c??? Or leftover hcg?

Hello, just wondering if anyone on here has fallen pregnant straight after a miscarriage, without getting a period first?
    i had a missed miscarriage almost 5.5 weeks ago, at 11.5 weeks (baby died about 3 weeks earlier) I have PCOS and am on metformin, and have been ttc for 2 years.
    I hadn't even thought about ttc again yet as I am/was still grieving.
    Last week when my period would have been due I had some spotting but didn't think much of it. Yesterday I decided to test to make sure it was negative- not sure why!- and test came up positive straight away... Now I'm not sure if its left over hcg/false positive because of recent mc, or a new pg???
    My dr has no idea either, he sent me for an u/s today to rule out leftover tissue from mc, which there didn't appear to be. I also did a clear blue digital today and it said pregnant 2-3, which puts me at 4-5weeks which fits the timeline, but so confused!!!
    There would have literally been a 4 day window I'm which I could have conceived, so I am not sure what to think. I have had a blood test and get results on Sunday, but just thought I'd ask on here in the meantime. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant again straight after miscarriage and d&c??? Or leftover hcg?

I conceived DD2 after a miscarriage with no period in between. Apparently you can be extremely fertile just after a miscarriage (don't know how true this is, just what I was told by my GP).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks- it would make sense to be more fertile I guess- were you worried about having another mc? I guess because in in limbo I don't know what to think- I don't want to get my hopes up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Pregnant again straight after miscarriage and d&c??? Or leftover hcg?

Yes I did. I had a m/c at about 5 weeks(I didnt have a d/c) and fell pregnant straight after it with no period. I now have a healthy DS1 22 months old. Good luck I hope they give you some good news soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hello

Yes I had a molar pregnancy when I was 17. Then fell pregnant again straight away after my d&c. I had some bleeding, off to hosp as im rh- then they did ultrasound was a huge mass (not tissue, not baby, they don't know! Sent home with No answers to why. I hope your journey is safe and good luck.
    Last edited by monnie24; 29-12-2012 at 06:49.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gemzi26 View Post
    Thanks- it would make sense to be more fertile I guess- were you worried about having another mc? I guess because in in limbo I don't know what to think- I don't want to get my hopes up!
    I was worried about another mc so my GP sent me for regular blood tests to see if hcg was increasing as it should, and a dating scan at around 8 weeks so I could see a heartbeat.

My DD is now 18 months old and I had a trouble free pregnancy, but it doesn't stop the worrying. I don't think I stopped worrying until I felt regular movement from her at around 18-20 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! You've given me some hope! Will let you know what dr says tomorrow- who knew ttc would be this hard! I used to think it would be fun waiting to see if I pg at the end of each month- how silly was I??? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had a miscarriage and 6 weeks later found out I was pregnant again. I lost that one too, though.

You definitely could be! Here's hoping!

It's pretty stressful, all the waiting and not knowing and wishing you could have another bt/ultrasound... Take it easy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hun! the u/s showed thickened lining but apparently too early to see anything else, I guess I'll find out tomorrow- if it says I am I'll ask for another blood test to see if levels are going up or down- I'm just finding it hard to believe that after 2 years ttc it would happen twice in a row!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's the update- yes I was/am pregnant again, hcg levels were 4x higher than same time last pg- but I have been bleeding off and on since sun night, convinced I am miscarrying again although not much tissue has come out yet and I'm not having any cramps etc- am worried as I haven't even filled a pad (sorry tmi!) in 24hrs- I called nurse on call who said to go down to the ED to get checked out (in my mind to confirm the m/c) so we shall see I guess. Anyone else had this? My last m/c was a missed one, so I don't have any exp in the 'normal' kind...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemzi26 For This Useful Post:

haley86  (16-09-2014)