+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Reviews please! North Lakes/Surrounds child care/ Family day care

Hi Guys,

Master N is 14mo and as i am looking at returning to work when he is about 2, i figure its best if i get him on some waiting lists.

Any feedback you can provide about centres in north lakes or surrounds would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    There's a few centres in Northlakes there's 2 ABC centres, i've heard one is good and one isn't but not sure which ones lol, there's the North Lakes Early learning which i liked when my 2 oldest went there, then you have a sesame lane and a kids capers, i think you just have to go and see how you feel about it before you put them into care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Reviews please! North Lakes/Surrounds child care/ Family day care

My son goes to Goodstart at Kallangur and I love it there! He's been there since he was 6 months, he's now 16.5 months! They have great staff to parent relationships and I really get along well with them! And they make max feel welcome and happy.

I had DS in at Kids Capers in North Lakes and I pulled him out. He started at 3 months old, 1 day a week until I returned to work when he was 5 months. I started early because I wanted to make sure this centre was right and to mentally prepare myself for leaving him for up to 12 hours a day.

The centre is visually appealing but my experience with the nursery was a bit dismal. Lack of staff communication meant that a lot of my requests were unheard.
    However, that was a year ago! Hopefully they have sorted all of that out now!

With any centre, despite reviews, do lots of question asking, have play dates and spend a few weeks settling in.
    My favourite questions are:
    - how does the program work and cater to the individual child
    - how does the program reflect on the EYLF
    - how does the routine cater to each child's needs

Good luck!