+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Who is working/has partners working christmas day

Is anyone working or have their partners working on christmas day? How are you doing it?

I have work tomorrow morning and might have to do a double shift possibly. I dont want to do a double shift but they will lay on the guilt trip and ask me but i will most likely say no as i have too much to do on christmas eve/day.

I have work christmas afternoon but will only see DS for about 3hrs, maybe up to 5 depending on the time he wakes up in the morning as we are all getting up then so if its 5am, we all shall rise. I have my mum staying with us and my sister will either sleep monday night or come really early tuesday morning for presents and breakfast i am cooking. I also have my nana coming over. Breakfast will be over by 9am as cooking it at 7am.

My mum, sister and DS are going out to sizzlers for lunch while i hopefully have a sleep as i have to start work at 1:30pm and work til 10pm or even do a double if all night duty staff show up. Wont see DS much on boxing day either as i start work at 6:30am and finish at 3pm and when i get home i will be absolutely exhausted so will have to sleep as the next few days are hectic with work and other things i have to do or have planned to do with DS before he goes away for another week as i have work all over the joint with different shifts.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm working a night shift Xmas Eve but I'll just try not to sleep the next day so I can spend it with DH and DD.
    In previous years I've done the day shift on Xmas Day and just had Christmas dinner with everyone when I finished. That was pre DD though, I'm not sure what my plan would be now if I had to do that shift again. Interested to hear what others do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Hugs xx That will be rough on you and DS. Sorry you have to work so much over Christmas. At least he will be with family while you are at work.

DH is working away for Christmas and new year this year. Sucks so much for him missing our DS's first Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews

My dh is working Xmas day 6am till 6pm so we will be having our Xmas day on Boxing Day. Our kids are still little enough so they don't know any different.

Me and the kids are of to my brothers for breakfast on Xmas day then heading down the beach with my mum and sister in the late afternoon because its going to be 39 degree here

Boxing Day will be spent opening pressies with dh and the kids then back down the beach in the late afternoon again with dh's family.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Hugs xx That will be rough on you and DS. Sorry you have to work so much over Christmas. At least he will be with family while you are at work.

DH is working away for Christmas and new year this year. Sucks so much for him missing our DS's first Christmas.
    DF is home this Christmas (the first time in 3 years!) He missed DD's first 2 Christmases. If he is away we just celebrate early but it's not the same! He flies out am on boxing day and comes home on the 3rd (though NYE isn't really a big one for us anyway).

I'm sorry for anyone spending Christmas away from loved ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DP is away christmas and New Years here too. He flies back in on the third. It's our year to have DSS and DD3's first christmas. I don't really know anyone and we have no family here so it's just me and the 4 kids Xmas day. What makes it worse is that they told us his leave was approved to have Until Boxing Day off but then 2 weeks ago told him they stuffed up and he actually does have to work. I'm missing the christmas spirit big time this year.
    The kids will be opening their stockings and santa pressie (which is only something small) as well as theie presents from family Christmas Day and then opening all the presents from us (the good stuff!) the day after DP flies in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

This is the first year in 5 years DH will be home. Yay. He is working Christmas Eve and Boxing Day though but that's no biggy he always works them too.

We used to just spend the day with my family and do an early brekky with DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Who is working/has partners working christmas day

He actually asked me to call in sick today and tomorrow as he wanted me to stay home but i cant as dont want to risk my job with all the recent stuff that has happened plus need the money for school stuff etc in the next few weeks.

Sucks your DH is working too. At least DS isnt old enough to remember it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Who is working/has partners working christmas day

Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    I'm working a night shift Xmas Eve but I'll just try not to sleep the next day so I can spend it with DH and DD.
    I would have to sleep otherwise i couldnt actually get through the day. I did a night duty last week and felt so crap when i got home i felt sick from being awake for so long and had so much trouble sleeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sux u have to work so much .
    df works late shift tomorrow has christmas day off and works late shift boxing day so we wont get to see any of our family coz they all live 2000kms away . he is also working NYE and NYE day .

afterall the prawns that you all eat over the festive season (and beyond) need to be fed no matter what the day