+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Natural IVF in brisbane

Am interested in finding out about this googled it and found nothing does anybody know if clinics do this in brisbane/..?

I just am looking at alternatives..still haven't decided on what to do... just am worried about my future.

My worry is taking drugs and what long term affect on ME it would have... ist all very well having a child an dthen you're affected years down the track...

if anybody knows if anybody in brisbane doe sthis please PM me or post on here...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask why you think you would have long term effects from the drugs?

There is no way I would spend all that money and put my body through EPU for a chance at only one egg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry55 View Post
    Can I ask why you think you would have long term effects from the drugs?

There is no way I would spend all that money and put my body through EPU for a chance at only one egg.

I don't know really I just don't feel great about injecting hormones into my body to get bloating ,mood swings,and other hormonal issues.(I've had enough hormone issues)..life is difficult enough without these things affecting it even further.If i was 25 and it was 1998 and life was easier it wouldn't be a problem.life is soooo hard rising costs, just difficult all round... i just want to see if there are other options that aren't as traumatic as I don't want to be affected long term myself... whos to say years down the track it doesn't affect some people.Show me the evidence, i bet they don't have it yet.Yes I want a baby but why should i torture my body to get it... its shouldn't be so scary...in 2012 life is not easy... and yes i'm old and thats the problem maybe i just don't have the patience.

Thanks
    Reviews

I can understand your hesitation, but realistically you may have to reconcile yourself with the hormones. Especially if you are older, egg quality could be an issue. Some older ladies find they have a lower yield and also loose more than half their harvested eggs to quality issues. 10 eggs may only produce 1 or 2 good quality embryos. One egg per cycle just may not be enough.
    Our last cycle we got 17 at collection, 9 fertilized and 4 became embryos of quality we could use. I was 33 at the time.
    Some clinics offer a lower hormone program, with focus on quality (like The Fertility Centre) and can be lower cost but don't offer all the bells and whistle services.
    It is all so overwhelming at the beginning. Ask lots of questions, get lots of advice and feel comfortable with your decisions. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Cost for us was a big issue too, we had to take out a loan. It will take us 7 years to pay back :-(
    We did get our BFP on our 3rd cycle, and I am 15 weeks.