+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My only hope IVF:( new to all of this:(

So here I am after seeing FS in brisbane.I'm 38 and half low amh at 1.6 fsh is 6 but he cares nothing for that and wa stold that my only hope... is IVF...I get got was his fees and an outline of atangonist protocol and I leave in total shock and not knowing what to do.My OH has some low sperm counts morphology is 2 when normal is <4...I can't afford IVF I'm in despair I don't know what to doI still feel I don't know anything about IVF and feel I'm in the dark.... I haven't tole my husband as he had to work I'm so angry with myself for not finding somebody earlier in life..I feel like a failure he didn't seem to think we could conceive naturally...I keep thinking deep in my gut is there any hope through a naturopath or acupuncturist...

God I'm just floored and don't know what to do ..my mum says I should try and I havnt even spoken to my husband, we only got married in october this year .

heartbroken

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Tess I have just sent you an inbox message with my thoughts.
    No need to feel like a failure you have lots of options at the moment my dear
    I have read it thankyou so much if you could give me the name of that clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Sorry to hear, my DH is 29 like me & he has 97-98% abnormal sperm morphology, I've got mild endo & PCO - 2 years trying naturally no BFP, not even on clomid... BFP in IVF but miscarried, looking to go back for a second cycle. The finances suck but you'll find a way!

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry to hear. I was upset & cried when I left my FS office when I realised IVF was the next step. It is expensive (emotionally & financially). The clinic I went to were so nice & helped make everything easier. It's a huge decision so talk to your DH & get as much info as you can beforehand so you know what you're in for. I was lucky enough to fall pregnant second time around & I'm now 15 weeks pregnant. Good luck xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant wait to be a mummy View Post
    Sorry to hear. I was upset & cried when I left my FS office when I realised IVF was the next step. It is expensive (emotionally & financially). The clinic I went to were so nice & helped make everything easier. It's a huge decision so talk to your DH & get as much info as you can beforehand so you know what you're in for. I was lucky enough to fall pregnant second time around & I'm now 15 weeks pregnant. Good luck xox

oh wow congrats..how did you get through it?was it very difficult?

Thanks
    Reviews
    tess, hello. I know how you feel, I've gone through different stages - denial, grief etc. The hardest thing is when you have just found out you need to go through ivf and when you don't know how and what to expect. I'm starting my first cycle on dec 31st (that's the plan at least) and I'm scared, very very scared. So I do know how you feel. I was trying to convince myself I wasn't going to go with IVF, that we didn't need it , that I was happy with my childless life etc....I cried, I broke down in tears in my FS office at the first appointment, in my GP's office and also when collecting drugs from the nurse. However, here I am waiting for my very first IVF attempt.... All I can say - You are not alone. There are many of us in the same boat and many of us just starting our IVF journey. Good luck and I hope you IVF journey will be a short and successful one. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: My only hope IVF:( new to all of this:(

Have you tried the fertility clinic at springwood..they are supposed to be cheaper but only do basic ivf so if you need something more complex they may not be able to help. Pretty sure this clinic is run by qld fertility group. Might be worth checking into.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

Meshell23 (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jilapril View Post
    tess, hello. I know how you feel, I've gone through different stages - denial, grief etc. The hardest thing is when you have just found out you need to go through ivf and when you don't know how and what to expect. I'm starting my first cycle on dec 31st (that's the plan at least) and I'm scared, very very scared. So I do know how you feel. I was trying to convince myself I wasn't going to go with IVF, that we didn't need it , that I was happy with my childless life etc....I cried, I broke down in tears in my FS office at the first appointment, in my GP's office and also when collecting drugs from the nurse. However, here I am waiting for my very first IVF attempt.... All I can say - You are not alone. There are many of us in the same boat and many of us just starting our IVF journey. Good luck and I hope you IVF journey will be a short and successful one. xxx
    Thankyou so much Your kind words have meant alot..Its nice to know I'm not alone although it feels like it at times...I know I can;t go on without kids my other half wants children and so do I... so w ecan;t just give up.I just don;t wantto abuse my body with drugs and injections... hey i;'m no angel but I just feel hey If I was younger I would be more open I dunno..Please stay in touch and let us know about your first round..I wish you the very very best I really do...I will be thinking of you on the 31st!!! What a time to start lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks tess. Yeah, Im set to start somewhere between 31st dec and 2 nd of january just depending on where the things fall. Im just trying not to think about it and not to read about it, otherwise I start panicking . I was toldI was in a high risk of overstimulation , so there is a large chance my cycle will be cancelled and money lost..... Oh well. My clinic organised an appointment with their financial department and they explained exactly how much it is and how much out of pocket i will be, so I highly recommend you doing this appointment just so you are a bit more clear how much out of pocket it is for you. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tessjs View Post
    oh wow congrats..how did you get through it?was it very difficult?
    The first cycle was really hard. I kept trying to tell myself not stress. I didn't tell anyone either which made it even more stressful because I was holding so much emotion back. I think second time around was easier because it was a frozen cycle so I didn't have to go through injections & egg pick up. Also by the second time I had told a couple of close family & friends so that helped. Make sure you read up on as much info as you can beforehand & if you have questions ask your clinic that's what they are there for. Also make sure they outline all your costs up front so you know exactly how much it will be. The clinic I went to do free info nights & they were great so if your clinic offers something like that take advantage of it. Hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions 😄