+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default BFP Then BFN?

Hi ladys,
    Im new to the forum and have a question. For the past week i have been having cramps like ov cramps yesterday i had them a tad stronger and decided to test using First response hpt. It came up a light positive within seconds. This morning i tested and it came up neg iv still been a little crampy. Has anyone had this before and found out to be pg? Any ideas would be great today i would be 10dpo
    Thhanks :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes the body still thinks its about to AF and gives you 100% AF warning signs including cramps etc. Unfortunately, The signs of being UTD are also dam close to impending AF. Cruel isnt it!

As for the faint BFP then a clear BFN ... either wait a few days and do another test (or try a different brand) etc. Hell. If its a BFP, Waiting those few days will also hopefully make the line darker

Unfortunately, without trying to scare you .. The other reason can be a Chemical pregnancy / Very early miscarriage. Meaning the line is faint and never gets darker over a few days or simply goes away and AF shows up.

However. Id certainly try a different test before jumping to the above. It certainly could just mean a dud test!

The early testing of todays society is great for those of us whom are to impatient, Unfortunately they are also very cruel. Years ago, No one would have even known they had been pregnant before their AF as HPT's were never this sensitive "back in the day". My mum (25 yrs ago) told me you knew you were preg at about 8-10 weeks when you missed your 2nd period. These days we know before we even miss ONE !

Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsR2012 For This Useful Post:

vintageblonde (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default BFP Then BFN?

Good advise from PP, what ibwas going to say

If you used a different brand that could very well be the reason. Or the time of day you tested?
    Digital tests are very accurate if you are anxious.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: BFP Then BFN?

Thanks so much for the advice! Af is due tomorrow im normally spotting by now leady up to af still very crampy but not like af cramps there on.my right hand side shooting into my lower back and groin. Ill wait till im late to test again. I thought it may have been a chemical or just a dud test. Also my cm was quiet strange yesterday! Oo if only i had x ray vision lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I got that in Oct - a faint pos on FRER followed by a neg the next day. It was a chemical... I hope that's not the case for you and it's a dud test

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

upforroundtwo (19-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I got that in Oct - a faint pos on FRER followed by a neg the next day. It was a chemical... I hope that's not the case for you and it's a dud test
    I got that last cycle with a FRER. Don't know if was a chem but my af was heavier and clottier than I have ever had it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: BFP Then BFN?

Yesterday i tested again being 14dpo and i got a faint pink line again. This morning i tested and got bfn im now 3days late for af now cramps or anything now with clear stretchy cm i dont know whats going on? Im going to leave it a week and if af still hasnt shown up ill go visit my GP.