+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61
  1. #51
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,802
    Thanks
    1,043
    Thanked
    2,264
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    I'm leaning towards a Mazda 2 ������������ but still have a lot of research to do!
    If you want something on the low end of your budget 5-7k then look at a Nissan pulsar or old lancer (2000) model. You will pick those up cheap. They are cheap to fix and heaps of Parts around.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,802
    Thanks
    1,043
    Thanked
    2,264
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I picked up an old done up lancer 2001 model for 4k.
    Also a 1998 pular for 2k.
    Both go well no issue.
    Depends how long you want the car for.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    47
    Reviews
    0

    Default Cheap small car

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Can someone with a Yaris tell me, are the anchor points for child restraints in the ceiling of the car? I've been looking at them on a car sales website and can't see the anchor points in them, so I assume they are in the ceiling...is that right?
    Mine are on the back of the back seat..in the boot I guess! I live my yaris by the way

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gippsland
    Posts
    15,007
    Thanks
    1,264
    Thanked
    4,176
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

    Default Cheap small car

    Quote Originally Posted by jetaime View Post
    Mine are on the back of the back seat..in the boot I guess! I live my yaris by the way
    Oh great, thanks.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gippsland
    Posts
    15,007
    Thanks
    1,264
    Thanked
    4,176
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Ok well I found a Yaris for pretty much EXACTLY what I would get for my Camry....seriously contemplating putting my car up for sale and possibly asking one of my parents for a quick loan of the money until I can sell mine. I would have to go to a manual after having had autos for so long, but to get a car that uses approximately HALF the fuel of the Camry, it's something I have to consider. I can still drive manuals so that's not a problem. Eek, what to do. Oh and the Yaris is in my favourite colour too.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,695
    Thanks
    1,182
    Thanked
    384
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Ok well I found a Yaris for pretty much EXACTLY what I would get for my Camry....seriously contemplating putting my car up for sale and possibly asking one of my parents for a quick loan of the money until I can sell mine. I would have to go to a manual after having had autos for so long, but to get a car that uses approximately HALF the fuel of the Camry, it's something I have to consider. I can still drive manuals so that's not a problem. Eek, what to do. Oh and the Yaris is in my favourite colour too.
    @Hollywood did you end up getting the yaris?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gippsland
    Posts
    15,007
    Thanks
    1,264
    Thanked
    4,176
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    @Hollywood did you end up getting the yaris?
    No, I got an Echo, so basically the older model if what is now a Yaris, have had it just under a year. It's been really reliable and REALLY fuel efficient. I can get about 600 - 700km from $50 worth of fuel, saves me heaps of money.

    However I met DP since that last post and we've got 5 kids between us, so now we're thinking about getting a 7 seater car to swap with mine (he's a tradie so he's got a Commodore wagon for work). There goes the fuel efficient car!! Lol

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    354
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    No, I got an Echo, so basically the older model if what is now a Yaris, have had it just under a year. It's been really reliable and REALLY fuel efficient. I can get about 600 - 700km from $50 worth of fuel, saves me heaps of money.

    However I met DP since that last post and we've got 5 kids between us, so now we're thinking about getting a 7 seater car to swap with mine (he's a tradie so he's got a Commodore wagon for work). There goes the fuel efficient car!! Lol
    We've just bought a seven seater Prius - fuel efficient, stylish and spacious.


    Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    DD natural November 2013

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    354
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    OP we also have a Corolla. I think it ticks all your boxes, and they are very reliable too.


    Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    DD natural November 2013

  10. #60
    SpecialPatrolGroup's Avatar
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the messy house, Brisbane
    Posts
    9,481
    Thanks
    2,180
    Thanked
    5,405
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMoon View Post
    We've just bought a seven seater Prius - fuel efficient, stylish and spacious.
    Is that the Prius V? I so want one....but can't really justify it with only 1 child. How much do you get out of a tank?


 

Similar Threads

  1. Small, cheap laptop/notebook for Tafe/uni
    By Jensha in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 22-05-2012, 07:21
  2. Small dogs and small houses..
    By TheUndomesticGoddess in forum Pets
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 22:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby MonitorsLooking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›