+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How true are the 'Wonder Weeks'?

Hi
    I've been reading the Wonder Weeks book lately and just wondering others experience...did you really notice a change in behaviour/fussiness around the specific weeks? My DD is approaching Week 37 and i have noticed a change in behaviour but how do you know if its other things going on aswell? She has been a bit sick lately and maybe getting a tooth...add those to a 'wonder week' coming up and maybe i'm in for a rough time!!

Would love to hear about others thoughts on the wonder weeks...

Cheers
    YY

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DD3 is just over 8 weeks and I was told by my cafhs nurse the other day that week 6 is the hardest of them all but I didn't notice any change in dd and she wasn't bad at all! She's starting to get a bit more whingy and wanting to be held right now so I'm putting it down to a wonder week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My 7MO DDs progress was scarily in synch with the wonder weeks concept...she'd learn new skills like blowing bubbles, babbling, being intrigued by different people etc etc and I'd check the app and sure enough it was exactly what the wonder week page for that particular week said shed be doing. She also has a lovely smiley nature an she would eat clingy and sooky at that time - then revert to her normal self when over. It's great having the app on the phone - has a quick reference chart showing where your bub is at at any given time (based on their due (not delivery) date. I've learnt to look at this in advance and brace for another ww episode!

A lot of mothers in my mothers group also swear by the accuracy of WW..coincidence - possibly but there area by decades of research to back it up!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies ladies
    its been a tough few weeks...a cold, first tooth coming through and a wonder week. she has been very clingy, whinging, not sleeping as well, not feeding as well...all signs of a wonder week but are these also signs of teething? am not really sure what to expect with teething??...

anyone else have experiences with WW?