Closed Thread
Page 40 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Like you dream girl I want the surprise but sometimes I think knowing would b easier.
    Do you have any feelings as to what it may be?
    Anyone else not finding out the gender?
    I'm 5 weeks today! Yay :-)
    Off to GP tomorrow.
    Yay for being 5 weeks

I was POSITIVE we were having a boy. I was so sure of it that when we went to Vegas in October, I went ahead and bought a whole bunch of boys clothing in Ralph Lauren, Baby Guess and Nautica as it was so cheap. My DH thought I was insane so he picked up a cute pink Baby Guess outfit for a girl as a just in case. My MIL was sure we were having a boy. My mum told us about all the little baby boy dreams she was having so we were for sure having a boy. Had a gender scan at 16 weeks and sure enough .. he was a SHE!

I wish I had been able to do the surprise thing but I'm so OCD that I don't think I could have handled not being prepared. I have to be 200% prepared for whatever I do and having a baby especially! It fills me with anxiety to think about NOT knowing the s.e.x. of bubs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

I can't wait to find out what we're having. I've had a feeling it's a boy, but only time will tell. Only 7 weeks til we find out, providing bub cooperates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Yay for being 5 weeks

I was POSITIVE we were having a boy. I was so sure of it that when we went to Vegas in October, I went ahead and bought a whole bunch of boys clothing in Ralph Lauren, Baby Guess and Nautica as it was so cheap. My DH thought I was insane so he picked up a cute pink Baby Guess outfit for a girl as a just in case. My MIL was sure we were having a boy. My mum told us about all the little baby boy dreams she was having so we were for sure having a boy. Had a gender scan at 16 weeks and sure enough .. he was a SHE!

I wish I had been able to do the surprise thing but I'm so OCD that I don't think I could have handled not being prepared. I have to be 200% prepared for whatever I do and having a baby especially! It fills me with anxiety to think about NOT knowing the s.e.x. of bubs
    Lol you sound like me with the OCD and anxiety of not knowing! I want to buy stuff now!!
    I was in America in April and bought heaps of baby stuff too. I'm certain were having a boy but i just want to know for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews

First time mum.... That's hilarious! Don't you hate it when DH is right... You'll never hear the end of it ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think it's funny lots of us initially thought boy. It will be interesting to see how many people's gut instinct is correct

Thanks
    Reviews
    First time mum.... That's hilarious! Don't you hate it when DH is right... You'll never hear the end of it ;-)
    Yes, he still goes on about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Like you dream girl I want the surprise but sometimes I think knowing would b easier.
    Do you have any feelings as to what it may be?
    Anyone else not finding out the gender?
    I'm 5 weeks today! Yay :-)
    Off to GP tomorrow.
    Yay for being 5 weeks good luck at the gp!!

I'm so glad the holiday season is over!! I can't wait to find out what we are having my 3 yr old says one of each so one boy and one girl do I'm really hoping he is right I would live to have at least a girl considering I already have 2 boys! I had a feeling from the beginning that I'm having a girl now it's just waiting another 6-8 weeks to find out, hopefully at my next ob appointment she will be able to tell! Today I am feeling a little but of cramps it's really uncomfortable I'm going to put it down to everything stretching!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think when you have a toddler already, knowing the sex of the baby is very convenient, because it allows you to throw out/donate/keep/sort out all the baby clothes from your other child. Especially for those of us with OCD!
    Plus, I don't like gender-neutral colours like yellow or green. I love white, but white tends to have a short life-span with all the bodily fluids emitted!
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Yay for being 5 weeks

I was POSITIVE we were having a boy. I was so sure of it that when we went to Vegas in October, I went ahead and bought a whole bunch of boys clothing in Ralph Lauren, Baby Guess and Nautica as it was so cheap. My DH thought I was insane so he picked up a cute pink Baby Guess outfit for a girl as a just in case. My MIL was sure we were having a boy. My mum told us about all the little baby boy dreams she was having so we were for sure having a boy. Had a gender scan at 16 weeks and sure enough .. he was a SHE! :yesu:

Don't sell or give away those cute boys' clothes...put them in a box for your next baby!
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's a question for those in their 2nd trimester...
    Who is using "anti-stretch mark" cream on their belly? I used the Mustela cream with Oscar (only because it was given to me, I don't usually believe in that sort of crap!). But...I did not get any stretch marks with Oscar. I don't think I have the skin type prone to them anyway, but given it may have worked, I have restarted. Don't want to be arrogant and tempt fate!
    I have no commercial interest in Mustela by the way!...But I did find it lovely to apply, and it didn't stain my clothes. I was given a Clarins oil too, but it was way too greasy.
    Just something to ponder.
    J x.