+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Moving Interstate

DP and I have decided to make the move from Qld to WA next year (hopefully). His family is there, and he'd like to go back... and at the moment, it's a good time in my life to do that (because I don't have much going on at this point in time...).

Anyway, we don't have much stuff to take with us... but we will need a small-truck to transport our stuff over... and we'll also need to transport the car (no way is DP going to drive all the way there...he'd probably rather die first).

Just wondering if anyone would know the rough costs of transporting a small load of furniture from Brisbane to Perth... and how much it might cost to transport a car (and how to actually go about organising someone to transport your car...?).

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My girlfriend did it the other way around and was up for around 3K - I think if you are prepared to wait for backload trucks it is less

When you weigh up your time and effort to DIY it is much cheaper to use a company!

Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I moved from Melbourne to Perth, and the back again the next year. We used a company called "U Move". What they did was drop a container on the driveway, like the one you see on the big trains, we packed it, and then they picked it up and it was there waiting for us at our new house in Perth when we got there.

As for the car, when we went over, we took our car on the train with us for $99. When we came back to Melbourne, we came back by plane so I sent the car back with a transport company. I think it cost around $450.

Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We moved from Adelaide to Perth about a year ago. We used Allied Pickfords and it was quite expensive, luckily DP's work paid. It was around $8000 I think. I will go and double check this. But it was a full serivce inlcuding packing etc. We have a fair bit of furniture too.

Our furniture and cars went on containers on the train. Sorry this probably isn't much help. Good luck with the move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry dont have much advice in terms of info about moving, but just wanted to say that it is great you are coming to perth and would love to meet you or help you in any way if you need it when you get to Perth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by little mermaid View Post
    Sorry dont have much advice in terms of info about moving, but just wanted to say that it is great you are coming to perth and would love to meet you or help you in any way if you need it when you get to Perth.
    Me too, i dont have much to say in the way of advice but im more than happy to be a part of the welcoming party with LM when you arrive

Especially with chanel and joel being so close in age would be great to meet you finally in person

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you go to this site:

http://australian-removalists.com/

then you can type in all your moving requirements and they get sent off to heaps of companies who will then send you back a quote. Save you ringing around to everyone :-)