+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Waiting list for donor sperm

I am on the donor sperm waiting list at IVF Australia Bondi Junction and have been told that the wait could be up to 6 months. Has anyone else been on this list? I am anxious as I'm 37 and low AMH of 1.5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumma75 View Post
    I am on the donor sperm waiting list at IVF Australia Bondi Junction and have been told that the wait could be up to 6 months. Has anyone else been on this list? I am anxious as I'm 37 and low AMH of 1.5.
    No replies, thanks. I think I'll source my info elsewhere. Waste of time this forum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

The polite way to go about this would be to write 'bump'. That way if people have missed you thread the first time (this happens often depending on the time you post) they might see it when you 'bump' it up again.

If people here can help they will.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

KandP  (16-12-2012),MGC Bertie  (15-12-2012),MonsterMummy  (14-12-2012),peoniesarepretty  (15-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mumma75... Yes, IVFA waiting list was only 3 months for most of 2012, however in October it blew out to 4-6 months. If you phone and speak to Kirsty, the donor sperm co-ordinator for IVFA (she's at Greenwich) you will find that she is very helpful and will answer all your questions. She did explain that the waiting list depends on your situation, as some sperm donors put down conditions on who they will donate their sperm to (e.g. some only will give to heterosexual couples, while others will give to single women, or same-sex couples).

And yes, there are lots of different threads on this site - you just need to do some exploring to find some that suit your situation.

Thanks
    Reviews

You'll prob find some of us addressed this very question only a week or two ago on other threads. Searching might be a good idea, rather than just raising a new thread and then abusing people for not replying quickly enough for you.

I have shared my experience on this matter several times recently in this forum, so the helpful info is there if you look for it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

KandP  (16-12-2012),MGC Bertie  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've already posted this elsewhere... but for anyone following this thread hopefully this may be of some use....

AFM.... Well, we have a plan now and should start sniffing Syranel today or tomorrow, as soon as the results of yesterdays BTs are in. We're going with the plan to see if Dr G can find some sperm in DH's micro-dissection, so are not waiting for donor sperm, as it still won't be available for another month (and I just can't wait any longer). I really had wanted the donor sperm as back-up, but yesterday I phoned Kirsty, the donor co-ordinator at IVFA and she basically said it would still be 3-4 weeks, and really didn't think it would come through in time for a February EPU. DH and I had discussed this possibility in the last couple of weeks, and had already decided that if that was the case, that we would go ahead without it, as we can't wait any long, and just want to be doing something. There is a possibility that Dr G doesn't find any useable sperm, so the cycle would then be cancelled (ie. no EPU), but DH and I feel that we will be no worse off in that situation as we were in our first two cycles that didn't result in a pregnancy (apart from financially, but it's only money!!). Glad to now be doing something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have juststarted the process with concept clinic to go on the waiting list. Got to do our counselling session yet. Once on the waiting list we are looking at 18months! I'm so upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjones View Post
    I have juststarted the process with concept clinic to go on the waiting list. Got to do our counselling session yet. Once on the waiting list we are looking at 18months! I'm so upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    18 months!! That is crazy. I'm so sorry.

Are there any other options available to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsJones.... 18 mths is not what you want. Not knowing your finances, work arrangements and such, can I suggest what other women on here have mentioned that they have done? They join a Sydney clinic with a much shorter waiting list, and do a couple of trips across to Sydney for EPU and transfer. Almost all of the other things they've mentioned they've either done by phone (e.g. FS consulations and counselling sessions) and then BT and results they've organised through their own GP, with copies to the Sydney FS. It's just a thought worth investigating.