+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default I logged into Facebook - Week 7, Day 2 - Blog 67

Inspired by purple's thread this morning about getting support from friends and family on Facebook, I did something that was positively unthinkable a few months ago. I logged onto Facebook. I left Facebook in May, in fact, the Friday before Mother's Day because I couldn't handle all of the Mother's Day posts. I couldn't handle seeing another pregnancy announcement. I couldn't handle seeing another bump photo. I couldn't handle seeing another baby picture.

So much has changed within myself since then that when I read purple's post this morning, I considered that I would log in tonight. I feel strong enough. It feels so weird being back on Facebook, it's like being in a different country and not feeling quite at home there. The first thing I did was womaned up and linked straight to this blog. Let the world see my fat pictures and read about my struggles.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about me, it's what I think about me that counts and right now I'm pretty happy with myself. I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I can recognise my flaws and I'm working on the things in my life that are causing me grief. I still have a long, long way to go but at least I'm on the right road to get there. One foot in front of the other, always focusing on the next step.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Wow what a huge step. I hope you get the wonderful level of support that you deserve.

Thanks
    Reviews

You go girl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

It's actually been really good, I have a lot of overseas friends who I haven't talked to in months because I didn't have Facebook. I've also gotten so many great comments and even encouraged a couple of friends to try Zumba for themselves.

Thanks for the encouragement guys and for inspiring me to do it!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (08-12-2012)