+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Menstral Bracelets?

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    How would you feel if the school got girls to make a bracelet as part of sex-ed?
    Definitely not! I was ashamed as an 11 year old when my period was lasting up to 2 weeks, then coming again 2 weeks later, it took me months to even speak to my mum about it after been told it 'should' be every 28 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I don't think I'd like my daughter to know the ins and outs of when you can make a baby until she is old enough and ready to TTC herself. While I know the information is readily available on the Internet, I'd hope she wouldn't be interested in looking it up and relying on ovulation times as a method of contraception. While I'm all for her being educated and aware of her body, I'd hate for her to be misinformed and have to deal with an unwanted pregnancy of STI.
    Do you realise she will possibly be old enough (technically) to make a baby at about age 12 or 13? Are you not going to at least make her aware that having unprotected s.ex can lead to unwanted pregnancy? Sorry if I've misunderstood your post, but you've made it sound like you won't be teaching her about her cycle until she's ready to TTC. Isn't that a bit late? Is there any harm in at least knowing when to next expect AF?

Like I said above, there's an app that does the job of this bracelet and that suits me better than wearing it on my wrist all month, but I think it's good to at least get girls aware of their cycles and that they can indeed make a baby as soon as they start getting periods.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

delirium  (06-12-2012),Laydeebugxxx  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    How would you feel if the school got girls to make a bracelet as part of sex-ed?
    No thanks.

I think it's creepy to make jewellry to advertise you heomorraging from your uterus every month is a bit off. I've actually done some research and there are theories that suggest that although mentuation is normal, bleeding copious amount of blood once a month (complete with pain and bloating etc) actually isn't normal (it's common..but not the normal way the body is meant to function) and indicatative of the toxins that we take into our bodies on a daily basis..rather than a menstual cycle. So I have no desire to celebrate this anymore than I would celebrate a brain annuism or mucous discharge from the nose (snot).

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Menstral Bracelets?

Am I the only one who doesn't see it as advertising you have your period or celebrating bleeding, but instead as a celebration of reaching maturity?
    I love the idea of making the bracelet with my girls, using it as a time to discuss what they will go through.
    Much better than sitting in the sex ed section of the school library with friends, laughing at the pics of penises and vaginas, like was my introduction to puberty.

Sent from my U8860 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

fichicken  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsdj1234 View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't see it as advertising you have your period or celebrating bleeding, but instead as a celebration of reaching maturity?
    I love the idea of making the bracelet with my girls, using it as a time to discuss what they will go through.
    Much better than sitting in the sex ed section of the school library with friends, laughing at the pics of penises and vaginas, like was my introduction to puberty.

Yes - I like the idea of embracing the positives.

Thanks
    Reviews

I just asked my nearly 14 year old and she was horrified

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrsdj1234 View Post

That's exactly how I see it I will also be gifting my girls as a part of them reaching maturity.

biscotti is offline Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I just asked my nearly 14 year old and she was horrified
    Yes, I just asked miss nearly 13.

Her response, "Mum, are you insane "...so I guess that's a no

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just dont know WHY it needs to be celebrated or embraced or whatever. It's a period and thats it lol its a normal female bodily function that doesnt even mean what it used to mean. It used to be a big deal because the girl was ready to bare children and marry. These days it doesnt mean that for a 13 or less year old. we dont have to make a big deal about a normal thing that happens through puberty. We dont throw a massive party when a boy learns to ejaculate for the first time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ermergerd View Post
    I just dont know WHY it needs to be celebrated or embraced or whatever. It's a period and thats it lol its a normal female bodily function that doesnt even mean what it used to mean. It used to be a big deal because the girl was ready to bare children and marry. These days it doesnt mean that for a 13 or less year old. we dont have to make a big deal about a normal thing that happens through puberty. We dont throw a massive party when a boy learns to ejaculate for the first time

Pmsl. Father and son necklace making classes for the first wet dream?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (06-12-2012),ermergerd  (06-12-2012),Luna Lovegood  (06-12-2012)