+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    I would probably wear one but I wouldn't go around saying 'hey look at my period pearls!' or anything

However, it annoys me that it is based on the 28 day cycle, when my cycles are more like 32, with ovulation around day 20 so it just wouldn't work for me. The longer I spent TTC the more I realised that my 'abnormal' cycle wasn't all that uncommon after all. It would be good if you could have them personalised I guess
    Some bracelets can be personalised, and some do allow for people with longer/shorter cycles to add/remove beads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    How would you feel if the school got girls to make a bracelet as part of sex-ed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't wear one, but I think making one with a teenage girl would be a great way to teach her about the cycle.

I had no idea about timing of ovulation until I was much older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Menstral Bracelets?

My concern about these bracelets is that so many people do not ovulate on the 'schedule' we're supposed to. I've seen references to using these for natural planning etc and it makes me shudder

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    How would you feel if the school got girls to make a bracelet as part of sex-ed?
    Wouldnt like it. Girls at school are b!tchy and will find ANYTHING to pick on others for...... "Omg, did you see *insert name*s band?! She has a *this many* day cycle...what a freak!" and off they go to tell everyone else in school about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Some bracelets can be personalised, and some do allow for people with longer/shorter cycles to add/remove beads.
    But how do they know which beads to remove/add? Some people have a longer luteal phase, some shorter, etc etc. I think teaching girls this sort of "set" cycle is really problematic.

I remember (even in my 20s) thinking things like "oh, it's day 16 of my cycle, I ovulated 2 days ago". However when I was TTC and taking my temp each day, I discovered that I actually usually ovulate somewhere between day 15 and day 20, but sometimes even later.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

delirium  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like the kind of arts n crafts activity a 7 year old would like, not so much for a teen. I don't think a teen would need that kind of teaching tool - I'd rather have just been given the info straight out in an adult manner. I can see they could maybe be useful for a child who unexpectedly starts menstruating at a very young age like 8 though.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    As for the FEBY one - black beads for PMS? Definitely not my cup of tea.

I watched the video and when the girl said about how her mum gets whacked around the start of her period, and it seems like it's near the full moon...um...I had no idea when my mum's period was, if she was grumpy, I assumed it was because she was grumpy.

Sure I get pimples and other stuff just before my period starts, but to give me a black bead, I think it's almost suggestive.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Menstral Bracelets?

Cool. Ima gonna make one for me and my eldest daughter

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Menstral Bracelets?

I'm not a fan and I think DD would freak out if I gave her one and she then expected her cycle to be in sync with the bracelet (she is very literal).

I know when I first got my period it was all over the place, even now at 30 it isn't as perfect as the bracelet.

Plus, DD and I are very open and she already knows what a period is and works etc.