ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default Urgent help please

Hello I have been really struggling at the moment and dd is about to be kicked out of Childcare if I don't come up with $2000.

Unfortunately I panicked and hit all the major banks and have been told I have made too many enquiries to be approved. Does anyone know of a financier that will give people a break ?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Urgent help please

I don't recommend those quick cash loan places (cash converters etc) Can get you into more financial pain.
    Try salvos or anglicare for help with late bills.
    Maybe call the centre to make a payment plan.
    Making the effort to offer a small "good faith" payment can some times help.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate that about banks! They push people to go to high interest loans to those loan sharks, of course you'd make enquiries you're in a pickle! Geez !!!
    Have you tried GE?
    Is the child care center not willing to make a payment plan for you? Why not change child care? Is there no other option around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Everyone keeps telling me to goto family day care (I don't have children yet so I'm guessing I am clueless) I would ask for a pay plan, call angliclare etc places like this!

Are you on centrelink? If you are you can ask for a cash advance upto $1000

Thanks
    Reviews
    to you. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions other than what PP have said...I'd ask for a payment plan.

Though I have to say, I'm amazed they let you get that far behind with the fees...DS's centre hit me up if I'm a week late paying them!! I don't think its fair to you that they'll let you get that far behind and then hit you up for the lump sum just like that...and particularly so close to Christmas.

a winning lottery ticket lands on your doorstep soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Hello I have been really struggling at the moment and dd is about to be kicked out of Childcare if I don't come up with $2000.

Unfortunately I panicked and hit all the major banks and have been told I have made too many enquiries to be approved. Does anyone know of a financier that will give people a break ?
    maybe try centrelink for a cash advance but really why the centre has let you get that far behind surely they can try and offer you a payment plan if we have families even $300 in debit we email/talk to them and find out the situation as we do understand things happen etc but in reality it is a business that need the $$$ to run and its alot of money to be behind
    maybe after it has been paid up set up direct debit so you dont get that far behind again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I agree with PP's - the centre should never have let you get $2000 behind, that's not fair to you. They should now allow you to organise a payment plan to catch up.

Otherwise have you considered a credit card instead of one of those loan sharks? Or yes try Centrelink.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow we HAVE to pay 2 wks in advance by direct debit..

Centrelink advance payments as do some employers or you could try get an annual leave cash out, borrow money from parents, reduce your childcare days, ensure your rebate is being paid directly to your centre every week so you're only paying the gap.