+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Stand Mixers.. KitchenAid? Or others?

Quote Originally Posted by MummyBic View Post
    I h e a Kenwood Chef and love it! You can get heaps of attachments too. I have mincer and use it regularly!
    Oooh. I have this one. A mincer? Really? Must have one now.

I use my mixer all the time too. It is awesome. Feels strong and sturdy too. I got mine as birthday present too.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Breville BEM800. In green and silver. It lives permanently on my bench and I've used it more than once a week for the past 3 years. It's got a fab timer on it, so you can beat/knead for how long you need to and it will turn off at the end. I'm getting the ice cream attachment for christmas. Love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Stand Mixers.. KitchenAid? Or others?

I love my Kitchen Aid - as pp said I use it all the time and I have the ice cream, mincer and pasta attachments! I've also heard bad things happening to the machine when bought in the states but I do buy my attachments from the USA as they are a lot cheaper!
    I use it weekly for pancakes, pizza dough, pastry, cakes, pasta, desserts, ice cream, sorbets, making mince , it's just wonderful!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I want a green one... They are so pretty
    Mine is green....apple green. Although I have always been sorry i didn't buy a white one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My kitchen aid also never leaves the bench. I've heard bad stories with the us ones and the transformers look bulky, (at least the one I saw.)
    I also got my attachments from the us a lot cheaper!

You can find re-furbished kitchen aids they are usually around the $500 mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a very old Kenwood, and have grown up with them and they are faultless. I was given a 'junior version' (ie not the Chef) and it bounces around a lot and the plastic bits break, and I prefer to use the old Kenwood anytime. You can get spare parts/bowls at garage sales all the time. Go quality, and not the downsized versons if you can afford it.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a kitchen aid mixer... LOVE it! And the attachments you can get are great! (I love the mincer one!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I had the Breville one and it was going great till my husband cleaned it out (broke it!) - 4.5yrs for $150 at the time.

Then I got the sunbeam mixmaster $199 at the time. It's been a yr now and it's working well. I use it 4-5 times a week. My breville mixing bowls fit inside the turn table so I'm happy.

Next one will be a kitchen aid IF I can save up for it. They are very pretty but DH wouldn't let me buy one.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews

I have a KitchenAid. I've never had another mixer to compare it to (except for a tiny hand mixer!) but I just love it. I have no regrets

ETA Mine is almond cream. I still sometimes swoon a little when I look at it.
    Last edited by lambjam; 04-12-2012 at 22:59.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    Mine is green....apple green. Although I have always been sorry i didn't buy a white one.
    I'm so green with envy right now! haha!!

KitchenAid seems very popular I might get one when we move!! I wanted one for the stainless steal bowl